At the University of Mary, our dedication to fostering an inclusive community extends to providing comfortable living space for our students with disabling conditions. We understand that unique needs arise due to disabilities, and the Student Accessibility Services office is committed to working collaboratively to implement necessary adjustments or accessibility features within your living space. Accommodations include but are not limited to a first-floor room, a quiet room setting, or a special living arrangement.

Your well-being is our priority, and we encourage you to connect with us so that we can create an environment where you can thrive both academically and socially.

Applying for Accommodations

Applications for residence hall accommodations should be made as soon as you have decided to attend or continue at the University of Mary.

The deadline for these requests is as follows:

    New Student

    • Fall — June 15
    • Spring — October 15

    Returning Student

    • Fall — March 15
    • Spring — October 15

    After the deadline, accommodations will be approved as space allows.

    Applications for residence hall accommodations must be submitted each year you intend to live on campus because room assignments change yearly. Additional documentation does not need to be submitted if the request involves a permanent condition or the functional limitations of the condition, as they relate to the request, are not expected to change.

    Residence Hall Accommodations Policies

    Requests for residence hall accommodations are granted when the student has submitted sufficient documentation demonstrating that the student has a disability and that the requested accommodation is medically necessary based on the current functional limitations of the disability. To be approved for residence hall accommodations (e.g., single room, assistance animal), the student must register for disability services

    Please note that Student Accessibility Services cannot approve requests for single rooms based on a student’s desire to have a quiet, undisturbed place to study. By virtue of the shared facilities, resources, and the number of people living in the residence halls, a single room does not provide a quiet, distraction-free space to any appreciable degree beyond living in a standard double room. Students who desire a quiet, undisturbed place to study are encouraged to visit Welder Library during hours of operation. However, if the student has extenuating circumstances that are disability-related, they should apply for services.

    Housing Requirements

    For more information on the requirements for freshmen and sophomores to live on campus, including requests for approval to live off-campus, please reference our Residence Life housing requirements. Additional information may be found in the Student Handbook. Exceptions to the requirement to live on campus based on a disability are granted only if the student’s needs cannot be accommodated in one of the on-campus residence halls.

    Have Questions?

    Contact Accessibility Services at 701-355-8124 or email.