Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission
The University of Mary has been accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools since 1969.
University of Mary Student Outcomes
|Total Enrollment for Fall 2020||3,799|
|Undergraduate Transfer-In Enrollment||119|
Retention and Graduation Rates
- First-time Students Pursuing Bachelor's Degrees Entering in Fall 2019 and Returning in Fall 2020: 78%
- Overall Graduation Rates (for first-time freshmen entering 2014): 49%
- Transfer Out Rate (for first-time freshmen entering in 2014): 13%
In accordance with 34 CFR §668.48, outcomes for scholar-athletes are available here.
More information on student outcomes can be found on the College Navigator website.
Academic programs are approved by:
- North Dakota Board of Nursing
- North Dakota Education Standards and Practices Board
- Project Management Institute
Program Accreditation & Outcomes
Athletic Training is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Athletic Training Education.
Learn More About Association for Athletic Training Education (AATE). The University of Mary's Athletic training is a founding member.
View the Course Fees, BOC pass rate, graduation and employment rate, and retention rate, and Sample Program of Study for more information.
The Gary Tharaldson School of Business at the University of Mary has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA.
For a list of accredited programs please refer to our IACBE member status page.
2019 Retention Rate: 88%
2019 CEP Exam Pass Rate: 80%
2019 Graduate Job Placement: 100%
- Graduates: 4
- Passed Credentialing Exams: 4
- Pass Rate: 100%
Clinical Mental Health
- Graduates: 14
- Passed Credentialing Exams: 10 (4 remain untested)
- Pass Rate: 71%
- Graduates: 4
- Passed Credentialing Exams: 2 (2 remain untested)
- Pass Rate 50%
Department of Education is accredited by the North Dakota Education Standards and Practices Board. Department of Education has Met All Standards set forth by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) adopted by the North Dakota Education Standards and Practices Board (ESPB). The last review occurred in March 2021 and the University of Mary’s Education programs received full continued accreditation by the ND ESPB.
2018-2019 Praxis Pass Rates: 95%
- 2019 Enrollment: 24
- 2019 Graduates: 7
- 2020 Enrollment: 23
- 2020 Graduates: 1
- 2019 Enrollment: 33
- 2019 Graduates: 3
- 2020 Enrollment: 47
- 2020 Graduates: 3
- 2019 Enrollment: 22
- 2019 Graduates: 4
- 2020 Enrollment: 18
- 2020 Graduates: 5
Exercise Science is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for the Exercise Sciences.
Master of Science in Clinical Exercise Physiology is also accredited by Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs 25400 US Highway 19 North, Suite 158, Clearwater, FL 33763, 1-727-210-2350.
- 2019 Retention Rate: 88%
- 2019 CEP Exam Pass Rate: 80%
- 2019 Graduate Job Placement: 100%
- Pass rate (first-time test takers): 95%
- Overall pass rate: 100%
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, master's degree program in nursing, and Doctor of Nursing Practice program at the University of Mary are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
The University of Mary is approved by the Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission to provide practice experiences in Washington State for the DNP/Family Nurse Practitioner and MSN/Nurse Educator program tracks.
2020 NCLEX Pass Rates
- NCLEX traditional program May cohort: 100%
- NCLEX First-time pass rate (all programs, first-time test takers): 96.36%
- NCLEX (all programs, all test takers): 100%
- Please visit the ND Board of Nursing website to see their Education Annual Report for additional details.
2020 Pass Rate: 96%
The Occupational Therapy Program at the University of Mary is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) located at 6116 Executive Boulevard, Suite 200, North Bethesda, MD. 20852-4929. ACOTE’s phone number, C/O AOTA is 301-652-AOTA and its web address is www.acoteonline.org.
The University of Mary Program in Physical Therapy is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
Our graduates show strong program outcomes:
- Graduates employed as physical therapists in a variety of settings across the nation: 100%
- The average graduation rate over the past three years (2018-2020): 98%
- The overall three-year pass rate on the NPTE (2018-2020): 99.3%
- The average first-time pass rate over the past three years (2018-2020): 90%
- The first-time pass rate for each separate cohort:
- Class of 2018: 91.5%
- Class of 2019: 85.4%
- Class of 2020: 93.3%
Respiratory Therapy is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
CoARC accredits respiratory therapy education programs in the United States. To achieve this end, it utilizes an ‘outcomes-based’ process. Programmatic outcomes are performance indicators that reflect the extent to which the educational goals of the program are achieved and by which program effectiveness is documented. View the CoARC’s Outcomes Data.
- Master of Science in Respiratory Therapy: CoARC #220133
- Respiratory Therapy Bachelor’s Degree Program: CoARC #200133
- Respiratory Therapy (RRT to BSRT): CoARC #510018
View the Program Goals and Standards for more information.
2020 Undergraduate Pass Rate on Licensure Exam: 100%
2020 Pass rate (first-time test takers): 82%
Speech-Language Pathology has Candidacy Status through the Council for Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, 2200 Research Boulevard, #310, Rockville, MD, 20850, 800-498-2071 or 301-296-5700.
Candidacy is a “pre-accreditation” status with the CAA, awarded to developing or emerging programs for a maximum period of 5 years. For more information, please see recent CAA decisions.
Program Completion Rates
- Completed Program within Timeline:11
- Did Not Complete Program within Timeline: 1
- Percent Completed within Timeline: 85%
- Completed Program within Timeline: 17
- Did Not Complete Program within Timeline: 17
- Percent Completed within Timeline: 100%
Praxis Examination Pass Rates of Graduates
- # Taking Exam: 12
- # Passed Exam: 12
- Pass Rate (%): 100%
- # Taking Exam: 16
- # Passed Exam: 15
- Pass Rate (%): 93.75%
Employment Rates of Graduates within One Year of Graduation
- # of Graduates Employed: 11
- # of Graduates Unemployed: 1
- Pass Rate (%): 100%
- # of Graduates Employed: 17
- # of Graduates Unemployed: 0
- Pass Rate (%): 100%