What You’ll Need for Transfer Admission 

We welcome transfer students from regionally accredited community colleges, college credits from military training, and four-year colleges and universities.

The Office of the Registrar will review your transcript(s) to determine which and how many of the credits you’ve earned to date will transfer to Mary. See the Academic Life section of our online course catalog for additional information about transfer credits.  

How To Apply

  1. Apply online.
  2. Pay the application fee (non-refundable).
  3. Send transcript(s) from every college you have previously attended to the Office of Admissions at enroll@umary.edu
  4. If you have fewer than 24 transfer hours to evaluate, also submit:
    • Academic transcript(s) from high school*, or GED transcript (if applicable), and any college(s) concurrently attended during high school
    • An official score report from the American College Test (ACT) or the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) examination. (Transfer applicants over the age of 21 are eligible to apply without college placement test scores.)

*If you graduate from a non-accredited high school or home school program, you may be required to submit additional information and/or other documentation about your educational program.

More About Transcripts

Contact your previous college(s) or university(ies) and request a copy of your transcript. Please note that the University of Mary may require transcripts at two points in the admission/enrollment process.

  1. If currently enrolled in courses, an “in progress” transcript is required before an admission decision can be made. The transcript must include all courses taken and the grades earned during your undergraduate education, as well as a listing of any courses in progress.
  2. A final, official transcript is required after you have completed your classes at the previous institution(s). Transcript(s) should include the following:
    • The names and grades for all courses completed at the previous institution(s), along with the number of credits.
    • The signature of the registrar or designated official at the college/university.

Upon receipt of all required materials listed above, you will be evaluated for admission.

The minimum standard for automatic admission is a cumulative GPA of 2.0 in all undergraduate level coursework. Students who do not meet automatic admissions criteria will have their files reviewed by the Academic Standards and Admissions Committee. In evaluating applications, the committee may request further documentation or information – our academic catalog explains all of the details.

We're Just a Phone Call or Email Away

Call the University of Mary Admissions Office at 701-355-8030 or 800-288-6279 (MARY).