We’re Committed to Supporting English Language Learners
At the University of Mary, we believe that is the responsibility of all of us to ensure students who are English Language Learners can access the full range of campus life and obtain the assistance they need to receive their best education. For those learning the English language, that support comes from Student Accessibility Services.
Accessing English Language Learners (ELL) Support
- Contact the Coordinator of Student Accessibility Services to start the registration process. This recommended step is particularly helpful for ELL students who need adjustments to be successful in the classroom.
- Register for accessibility services with Student Accessibility Services
- Submit the application for classroom adjustments.
- Submit verification documentation:
- A high school transcript showing courses provided by ELL staff,
- an education plan for ELL,
- or have an ELL professional fill out the request for documentation form we provide.
- Complete an intake appointment to review the resources available to you.
Lynn Dodge, EdS/EdD
Coordinator of Student Accessibility Services
I serve to support students who need temporary and permanent accommodations due to injury or a disability that affects a major life activity. I also work to provide residential, dining, and academic accommodations.
If you need any help in the process, contact the Student Success Center at 701-355-8138.