CHI Nursing Scholarship
Senior Year in Nursing, Tuition Free
The University of Mary and Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) have established a legacy $10 million endowed scholarship fund for nursing students at Mary entering their senior year.
This endowed scholarship makes it possible for nursing students on the main Bismarck campus to receive $18,000 in scholarship funds during their senior year. If you are eligible for the CHI Scholarship, that means your senior at Mary will be tuition-free!
CHI Scholarship Overview
To be eligible for the CHI scholarship, you must:
- Be enrolled in the University of Mary nursing program;
- Enter your senior year of nursing with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher; and
- Agree to submit an application for employment following graduation with any nationwide CHI or Common Spirit health care organization, including CHI St. Alexius Health in Bismarck.
- Graduates are not guaranteed employment with CHI or Common Spirit by virtue of receiving the scholarship, nor are they required to accept an employment offer as a condition of receiving the scholarship.
- Nursing Students enrolled in the Nursing Academy are not eligible to receive the CHI Scholarship, as their nursing education is already tuition-free.
- The CHI Scholarship supplements a student’s existing academic scholarship to provide the final two semesters of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing at $0 tuition.
- Transfer students who meet the above requirements are eligible to apply for a prorated scholarship.
How to Apply
Eligibility for this scholarship is determined by the Nursing department—no need to apply! Students who qualify will receive confirmation from the Financial Aid Office at the start of their senior year and will be invited to submit a letter of intent.
About Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI)
Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) is a nonprofit, faith-based health system formed in 1996 through the consolidation of four Catholic health systems – with a mission to create and nurture healthy communities in the hundreds of sites across the nation and wherever it provides care.