Office of the Registrar

The Office of the Registrar is here to serve all your registration and records needs. Whether you need to request a transcript, change your major, ask a question regarding online registration, or inquire about transferring credits into Mary, we are here to help!

Our Services

For information on ordering official University of Mary transcripts, use the button below.


Use the button below to get information on how to request enrollment verification for insurance, reimbursement, or employment purposes.


Need to update your name or contact information, change your major, add a minor or concentration, change advisor, or submit a course substitution or waiver request?

You’ll find all the forms necessary to perform these actions available to you on Log in using your student credentials, go to the Student tab, then Academic Information, then Academic Policies and Forms. Find your form on the right, follow the instructions on the form (including collecting any required staff signatures), and submit the form to the Registrar’s Office. Contact our office if you have any questions about any forms or processes.

Need to register for courses?

If you are a current student at Mary, speak to your academic advisor first to find the ideal course schedule. Then go online to to register for courses online.

Log in, go to the Student tab, choose Academic Information, and then click on Registration. If you don’t want to or cannot register online, fill out a paper registration form (also available on, have your academic advisor sign it, and bring it to our office for manual processing. We can also help you add, drop, or withdraw from courses once your advisor has approved your schedule changes.

Not a current UMary student, but interested in registering for one or more courses? Contact the Office of Admissions at 701-355-8030 or [email protected]. Whether you are seeking to take just one course for personal development or want to pursue a whole degree, our admissions team can help you get registered for the right courses.

Students are not at liberty to selectively transfer courses. Transfer credit is only granted for courses in which a grade of “D” or better was earned, except when a higher grade is required for the student’s major as declared at the time of the transcript evaluation.

The Registrar may grant exceptions to the minimum grade requirement when an articulation agreement exists between the credit awarding institution and the University of Mary. Courses that do not meet major grade requirements are not eligible for transfer. No more than 62 semester credits may be transferred from two-year institutions, and no more than 92 credits may be transferred in total from all institutions.

In addition to accepting courses from accredited institutions, the university accepts credits for some DSST, CLEP, and AP exams. See the fact sheets below for information on which tests are accepted and what credit will be granted based on the appropriate score level.

If you have questions about a potential transfer option not listed here, please contact us at 701-355-8080 or [email protected].

For information on accessing student records, use the button below.


Registrar Hours

Our office is located in the lower level of the Benedictine Center and is open Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.