Graduation & Commencement
Celebrate Our Individual and Collective Achievements
We are proud to invite families and the general public to attend the University of Mary’s annual Commencement Ceremony, which celebrates the individual achievements of our students and recognizes the special character of the Mary community.
- Commencement 2022 will be held on Saturday, April 30, 2022, at the Bismarck Event Center.
- Additional information will be made available as it is finalized.
Note: Participation in the Commencement Ceremony does not guarantee degree completion. Students must fulfill all university, school, and departmental requirements before degree conferral can take place.
How To Apply for Your Diploma
- Consult with your academic advisor for graduation eligibility.
- Upon approved eligibility, submit your diploma and commencement application through my.umary.edu.
- The University of Mary holds one yearly commencement at the end of the spring term. Graduating students include fall, spring, or summer applicants of the preceding school term.
- Diploma applications must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar (see below) no later than April 1 to ensure the applicant's name is included for university graduation publications.
- Late applicants will be welcome to participate in the commencement ceremony, but the name cannot be added to the university graduation publications.
- The application orders the diploma and reserves a chair at commencement, if attending.
- All students must fulfill all academic requirements, and financial obligations, which includes the graduation processing fee. The fee is charged to a student’s account when registering for the applicable student assessment course at the undergraduate, master, or doctoral level.
- Contact email@example.com for changes in participation, and with any changes to your diploma mailing address.
- The diploma package will be mailed after the degree has been conferred and all financial obligations have been met. Students who do not attend the ceremony will also receive the university plaque and a copy of the commencement program.
- Extra diploma copies or replacements can be purchased for $25 each; contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 701-355-8080.
Commencement Attire and Portraits
Students are responsible for purchasing their own academic attire. You can review the policy for academic attire in the Catalog under Academic Life: General Policies.
Visit the Jostens Graduation Store for graduation caps and gowns, class rings, graduation announcements, diploma frames, and more.
Jostens will also be present at the Bismarck Event Center the day of Commencement to assist with any last-minute purchases.
Everyone is photographed by Lifetouch Photography:
- Photos will be online at events.lifetouch.com.
- You’ll be mailed complimentary proofs, with no obligation to purchase.
- Visit events.lifetouch.com to sign up and receive notification when your proofs are online and ready to order.
Questions? We’re just a phone call or email away.
The Office of the Registrar is in the lower level of the Benedictine Center and open 8 AM - 4:30 PM Monday–Friday.
Office of the Registrar
7500 University Drive Bismarck, ND 58504
701-355-8080 or 800-288-6279 (MARY)