University of Mary Accreditation
The University of Mary is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Department and program accreditors are as follows:
- Athletic Training is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Athletic Training Education.
- Business: The Gary Tharaldson School of Business at the University of Mary has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE) (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. For a list of accredited programs please refer to our IACBE member status page at https://iacbe.org/memberpdf/UniversityofMary.pdf.
- Department of Education is accredited by the North Dakota Education Standards and Practices Board. Department of Education has Met All Standards set forth by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) adopted by the North Dakota Education Standards and Practices Board (ESPB). The last review occurred in March 2021 and the University of Mary’s Education programs received full continued accreditation by the ND ESPB.
- Engineering - Enrollment and Graduate Numbers
Enginering is one of our newest programs and we are excited to watch it grow.
2019 Graduates= 3
2019 Graduates= 4
- Exercise Science is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for the Exercise Sciences.
- Music is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music.
- Nursing: The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, master's degree program in nursing, and Doctor of Nursing Practice program at the University of Mary are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education http://www.ccneaccreditation.org/. University of Mary is approved by the Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission to provide practice experiences in Washington State for the DNP/Family Nurse Practitioner and MSN/Nurse Educator program tracks. For more information, visit: http://www.doh.wa.gov/LicensesPermitsandCertificates/NursingCommission/NursingPrograms.aspx
- Occupational Therapy The Occupational Therapy Program at the University of Mary is accredited by Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) located at 6116 Executive Boulevard, Suite 200, North Bethesda, MD. 20852-4929. ACOTE’s phone number, C/O AOTA is (301) 652-AOTA and its web address is www.acoteonline.org.
- Physical Therapy is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapist Education.
- Respiratory Therapy is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care.
- Social Work is accredited by the National Council on Social Work Education.
- Speech Language Pathology has Candidacy Status through the Council for Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
|Total Enrollment for Fall 2020||3,799|
|Undergraduate Transfer-In Enrollment||119|
RETENTION AND GRADUATION RATES
First-time students pursuing bachelor's degrees entering in Fall 2019 and returning in Fall 2020: 78%
Overall Graduation Rates (for first-time freshman entering 2014): 49%
Transfer Out Rate (for first-time freshman entering in 2014): 13%
In accordance with 34 CFR §668.48, outcomes for student athletes are available here.
More information on student outcomes can be found on the College Navigator website.
Licensure Pass Rates
Athletic Training: BOC Pass Rate can be found here.
Passed Credentialing Exams
Clinical Mental Health Counseling
10 (4 remain untested)
2 (2 remain untested)
Education: Praxis Pass Rates for 2018-2019: 95%
Exercise Science: 95% pass rate (first time test takers); 100% overall pass rate
Nursing (undergraduate): NCLEX pass rates for 2020: NCLEX traditional program May cohort 100%; NCLEX First time pass rate: 96.36% (all programs, first time test takers); NCLEX: 100% (all programs, all test takers)
Please visit the ND Board of Nursing website to see their Education Annual Report for additional details.
Nursing (graduate): 2020: 96/100
Occupational Therapy: The OTD Program has not graduated a cohort at this time. However, University of Mary NBCOT Pass rates can also be found at https://www.nbcot.org/en/Educators/Home#SchoolPerformance
Physical Therapy: The overall pass rate on the NPTE (2018-2020) was 99.3%. The average of first time pass rate over 2018-2020 was 90%.
Radiologic Technology: 2020-2021 pass rate was 100%.
- Undergraduate (2020): 100% pass rate on licensure exam/82% first time
Social Work: 100% pass rate in 2019
Speech Language Pathology: National examination pass rates, program completion, and employment data can be found on: https://www.umary.edu/academics/programs/speech-language-pathology.php
Academic programs are approved by:
- North Dakota Board of Nursing
- North Dakota Education Standards and Practices Board
- Project Management Institute