University of Mary’s Speech-Language Pathology Program Announces Public Meeting Notice
Public Meeting Notice
Monday, October 25, 2021, 5:00-5:30 pm CST
The Meeting Will be Held Online on ZOOM https://asha.zoom.us/j/99607739571 (Password: 177689)
The Master of Science (MS) education program in Speech-Language Pathology (SLP) at the University of Mary is currently under review for initial accreditation by the Council on Academic Accreditation (CAA) in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology of the American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA), 2200 Research Blvd, #310, Rockville, Maryland, 20850, 800-498-2071 or 301-296-5700. In accordance with the CAA’s Public Comment policy and procedures, the CAA is seeking public comment as part of its review. During the site visit, the program will host a public meeting in which all are welcome to attend—alumni, students, faculty, clinical educators, and community members—to meet with members of the accreditation site visit team to provide personal observations and feedback related to the graduate program’s compliance with the CAA’s accreditation standards.
Furthermore, in accordance with CAA guidelines, individuals may submit written comments 15 days prior to the accreditation site visit. All comments are due in the Accreditation Office no later than October 10, 2021. Comments received after this time will not be forwarded to the site visit team for consideration during the accreditation review, in accordance with the procedures specified in Chapter XII of the Accreditation Handbook.
All comments must:
- Relate to a program’s compliance with the current Standards for Accreditation;
- Identify the specific program seeking candidacy, initial accreditation, or continued accreditation with the CAA;
- All written testimony, including comments faxed or submitted as e-mail attachments, must include the commenter’s name, address and telephone contact information and the commenter’s relationship to the program in order for the accreditation staff to verify the source of the testimony. All comments must be signed.
Comments that do not meet these requirements will not be considered, and the individual or group commenting will be notified.
The Standards for Accreditation and the CAA’s Public Comment policy and procedures are available by:
- Mail: Accreditation Office at ASHA, 2200 Research Boulevard, #310, Rockville, Maryland 20850,
- Phone: ASHA’s Action Center at 800-498-2071
- Online: https://caa.asha.org/SysSiteAssets/files/accreditation-handbook.pdf
Comments should be submitted to:
Accreditation Public Comment
Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA)
American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
2200 Research Boulevard, #310
Rockville, MD 20850