Work Campus: Get Paid to Acquire New Skills
The University of Mary Work Campus program offers part-time employment for their degree seeking students as an opportunity to earn funds to help meet the cost of education. The Work Campus program fosters leadership development, transferable life skills and personal development of student employees by providing employment opportunities in positions that are vital to the operation of the university.
Work Campus employment is available to students year-round while at the University of Mary. Students can chose from a wide array of positions across many campus departments. Below we have outlined the process students will follow in searching for on-campus employment.
- Create an account and profile on Handshake.
- Upload a professional resume to Handshake. Check out our Resume Guide for tips!
- Search for on-campus jobs listed in Handshake.
- Apply for all jobs that you are interested in.
- Participate in interviews.
- Complete any paperwork or trainings necessary to begin your position. (Such as acceptance letters, I-9 and W-2s, workshops, etc.)
- Develop a schedule with your supervisor.
- Begin working and go through any additional training your employer might offer.
- Conduct an employee evaluation with your employer.
Get started today in securing your Work Campus position by Handshake!
Disclaimer: University of Mary Career Services Office maintains Handshake as a service to University of Mary students and alumni. Employers and opportunities found on Handshake are listed due to their potential interest to the University of Mary community. These should not be considered an endorsement by Career Services or the University of Mary. While employers and opportunities are vetted by university staff, students should always exercise caution and use good judgment when viewing postings in Handshake or other job sites to protect themselves from fraudulent opportunities and scams. If found on Handshake, report the fraudulent employer and posting to [email protected].