We Welcome Students Worldwide
We proudly host more than 100 students from approximately 30 countries every year to join us in an education for life — grounded in Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine values that prepare you to be a leader in your field and a servant leader in your community.
You should apply as an international student if you:
- Are not a U.S. citizen
- Are not a legal permanent resident or refugee
- Are a dual citizen who completed your secondary education abroad.
Not sure if you qualify as an international student? Contact us:
- 701-355-8134 (country code + 1)
How to Apply
- Complete our online application.
- Have your transcripts evaluated.
- Submit English language proficiency scores.
- If your education was completed outside of the U.S. educational system, we require that course-by-course evaluations be completed.
- Arrange and pay for your transcript evaluation service through one of the following third party evaluation agencies.
- Any agency that is a current member of the National Associations of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES)
- Once the evaluation is completed, have the official evaluation sent directly to the University of Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We do not require the official international transcript, only the official evaluation.
Contact Admissions by phone 800-288-6279 or by email at email@example.com.
Submit English Language Proficiency Scores
If you’re applying from a country where English is not the native language, you can fulfill our English proficiency requirement by meeting one of the appropriate minimum scores indicated below. To verify your scores, submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language TOEFL (school code: 6428);
- IBT (Internet Based TOEFL) – minimum 71
- PBT (Paper Based TOEFL) – minimum 500
- IBT (Internet Based TOEFL) – minimum 80
- PBT (Paper Based TOEFL) – minimum 550
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Undergraduate — minimum score of 6.0
- Graduate — minimum score of 6.5
- Global Test of English Communication (GTEC)
- Undergraduate — minimum score of 1140-1165
- Graduate — minimum score of 1204-1226
- Duolingo English Test (DET)
- Undergraduate – minimum score of 95
- Graduate – minimum score of 105
*The scores listed above represent standards for general admission to the University of Mary. Specific programs, however, may impose a higher standard of English competency.
We're Just a Phone Call or Email Away
Call the University of Mary Admissions Office at
701-355-8030 or 800-288-6279 (MARY).