Computer Information Systems
Program TypeMajor, Minor
SchoolGary Tharaldson School of Business
Explore the practical applications of technology and the use of IT in business. Incorporate servant leadership as a business professional.
What You’ll Learn
- Apply programming logic skills and a variety of computer applications.
- Analyze and design database systems and perform entry-level systems analysis and design work to solve business problems within a project team environment.
- Document, code, debug, test, and implement a source code program solution.
- Analyze, design, and produce websites and web-based applications.
- Gain Real-world Experience
You’ll have opportunities to apply what you learn in an IT environment.
- Develop Sound Leadership Skills
In addition to gaining technical skills, you’ll develop as a servant leader in a curriculum that’s grounded in Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine values.
- Be Mentored by World-class Faculty
You’ll work closely with faculty who bring professional information systems experience to their classrooms.
Careers & Outcomes
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that employment of computer and information systems managers will grow by 15% through 2032, much faster than the average for all occupations. Demand for these professionals will grow as firms increasingly expand their business to digital platforms.
- Computer and Information Systems Manager
- Market Research Analyst
- Computer and Information Research Scientist
- Database Administrator
- Operations Research Analyst
- Computer Programmer
- Network and Computer Systems Administrator
- Computer Systems Analyst
Kevin Fishbeck, PhD
Director of Computer Information Systems Program
I have over 30 years teaching and other work experience in the cyber security arena. I am a Professor at the University of Mary in Bismarck, North Dakota. I earned my PhD from the University of North Dakota and hold many industry certifications from Microsoft, Comp Tia, Cisco and others. I also own and operate Fishbeck Technology Consulting which provides cyber security services to small businesses.