University of Mary Alumni Success
Whether you are a recent Mary graduate seeking a job, an alum looking to attract talent at your current workplace, or you simply want to connect with students, Mary's Office of Career Services can help.
Seeking a job?
The Office of Career Services offers career readiness/job search preparation for alumni after graduation. Services include:
- Career counseling and testing
- Resume and cover letter writing assistance
- Interview and job search preparation
- Mock Interviews
- Graduate School Preparation (Personal statement, practice interviews)
- Career Fairs
- Career Resource Library
- Salary Information
Looking for employees?
Here are some ways employers can give back:
Participate in events
Career Services hosts many different events throughout the year where you can share your experiences or expertise. Events include RESUMANIA, practice interviews, career conversation panels, class presentations, employer information sessions, on-campus interviewing, Backpack to Briefcase, and job shadow week.
Post internship or job opportunities
Recruit and hire students for internship/employment opportunities by posting on Handshake.
Become a mentor
Provide students with an opportunity to explore different career fields, assist those relocating to a different city, serve as a contact for job shadowing or informational interviews, critique a resume, or offer interview advice. Register today to start the process.
Join our Career Services LinkedIn groupBecome part of our University of Mary Career Services LinkedIn group to stay connected with students and the university.
Don't forget your Alumni AssociationStay connected to the university by getting involved with the University of Mary Alumni Committee.
First Destination Survey
Every year recent graduates are encouraged to take a First Destination Survey which determines the employment status of our graduates. The results from this survey is compiled into a total career outcome rate. Historically, these rates have exceeded 90 percent or better. Recently, that rate has averaged 95 percent or higher.
Did you graduate in August 2020, December 2020 or April 2021?
Please take a few minutes to complete the most recent First Destination Survey.
First Destination Survey Results
- 67 (21%) are continuing their education
- 231 (71%) are employed
- 324 (84%) career outcome rate
- 47 (19%) are continuing their education
- 184 (80%) are employed
- 235 (94%) career outcome rate
- 69 (21%) are continuing their education
- 231 (72%) are employed
- 305 (96%) career outcome rate
- 79 (28%) are continuing their education
- 192 (68.3%) are employed
- 274 (98%) career outcome rate
Total number of graduates who responded to the survey: 231 (76% of graduates)
- 70 (30%) are continuing their education
- 155 (67%) are employed
- 227 (98%) career outcome rate
Total number of graduates who responded to the survey: 247 (80% of graduates)
- 63 (26%) are continuing their education
- 178 (73%) are employed
- 244 (99%) career outcome rate