Need Online Tutoring Assistance?
Check out Smarthinking!
Students are able to access Smarthinking 24/7 and receive round-the-clock instruction for subjects such as math, science, computer/technology, business, and Spanish. Nursing also offers weekly personalized live tutoring sessions. Students can load a geometry or statistics question via an online whiteboard, schedule a drop-in or future session with a highly trained tutor, or submit a paper for detailed revisions from the essay center. Every student is given 10 hours per semester of online Smarthinking services.
Accessing Smarthinking through Canvas
Access to Smarthinking can be found on the left-hand side of your Canvas course homepage by following the steps below. If this is your first time accessing Smarthinking or you need additional assistance, please visit the Smarthinking Online User Guide.
- Log into your Canvas account.
- Select the course that relates to your tutoring request.
- Click on the Smarthinking tab at the bottom of your left-hand menu bar.
- You will be directed to a System Check page to make sure you enable popups. At the bottom of the page select, "Click here to continue".
- Welcome to Smarthinking! Please select whichever service you need:
- Work with a Tutor or Career Coach
- Submit My Writing or Career Documents
- Submit a Question
- Review My Sessions and Submissions
Each student is allotted 10 hours of Smarthinking tutoring services per semester. If you exceed that amount, no problem! Contact the University of Mary Tutor Coordinator to add an additional 10 hours to your account.
We’re here to help. Call the Student Success Center at 701-355-8124, email us, or schedule a meeting.