Financial Aid: Employment & Workstudy

The University of Mary has limited funds available to award for work-study, so you should apply early for those opportunities. Under the Federal Work-Study (FWS) program, you can work part-time while you are enrolled to earn money for your education. Federal Work-Study is awarded based on need.

There are three steps to apply for Federal Work-Study:

  1. Complete the FAFSA at Indicate that you are interested in work-study on the FAFSA application.
  2. After you receive your award notice and see that you have been awarded Federal Work-Study, you must apply for a position.
  3. Apply at

To improve your chances of being placed in a work-study position you desire, we suggest that you apply for more than one position. Each department has limited openings and other students may be offered the position.

If you are interested in work programs but have not been awarded Federal Work-Study on your award notice, please contact the Financial Assistance Office at (701) 355-8142 to inquire.