Financial Aid: Employment & Workstudy
Federal Work-Study is a federal student aid program offering part-time employment on or off campus for financial aid applicants who meet specific eligibility criteria.
To qualify, you must:
- Be a citizen, Immigrant, refugee, or permanent resident alien of the United States.
- Not be in default on any federal Title IV loan program and not owe a repayment of a federal grant or scholarship.
- Be enrolled as a UMary undergraduate or graduate student.
- File a FASFA application.
- Demonstrate financial need as result of their annual FAFSA application, receive a work-study offer, and accept the offer.
- Submit applicable employment documents
- Maintain good standing and satisfactory academic progress while employed.
Institutional employment may be available to students who do not meet eligibility criteria for Federal Work-Study.
To apply for Federal Work-Study:
- Complete the FAFSA. Indicate you are interested in work-study on the FAFSA application.
- Apply for a position after you have been offered and accepted Federal Work-Study.
- Apply for campus positions through Marauder Jobs.
If you are interested in campus employment programs and have not been offered Federal Work-Study, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 701-355-8142.