The International Services office is dedicated to serving the needs of Mary's international students. As a Christian, Catholic, Benedictine university, the University of Mary has more than 3,000 students and hosts over 100 students from 30 countries other than the United States.
A few countries that are represented at the University of Mary:
- United Kingdom
Who's an "International" student?
Generally, this includes students who:
- Are not U.S. citizens
- Are not legal permanent residents or refugees
- Are dual citizens who completed their secondary schooling abroad
If you are unsure whether you should apply to University of Mary as an international student, please contact International Services at [email protected] or call 701-355-8134 to find out whether or not you qualify as an international student.
Get started now!
Take the next step in securing your personal and professional future and apply now!
By applying you are joining a growing number of students who are flocking to Mary from all over, students like you who seek education for the whole of life. As you embark on this journey, we are here to help. To apply as an international student, please follow these steps:
Please submit our international student application
If your education was completed outside the US educational system, the University of Mary will require that course-by-course evaluations be completed by World Education Services (WES), SpanTran or by Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) or from an agency that is a current member of the National Associations of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). It is the responsibility of the student to arrange and pay for the evaluation through one of the third party evaluation agencies and have the official evaluation sent directly to the University of Mary from the agency. The University of Mary does not require the official international transcript, only the official evaluation.
- Show statement of finances documenting the required amount for one academic year.
- Bank statement or bank letter must have a dated signature or notarization from a bank official to attest to the information’s validity and accuracy.
- All documents must be dated within six months and be translated into English and USD.
English Language Proficiency
Student applications from countries in which English is not the native language are required to submit test scores verifying their proficiency of the English language.
TOEFL score (school code: 6428)
- IBT (Internet Based TOEFL) minimum 71
- Or PBT (Paper Based TOEFL) minimum 500
- IBT (Internet Based TOEFL) minimum 80
- Or PBT (Paper Based TOEFL) minimum 550
- Minimum score of 6.0
- Minimum score of 6.5
GTEC - Japan
- Students must achieve a minimum score of 1140-1165.
- Students must achieve a minimum score of 1204-1226.
University of Mary
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
*Applicants should be aware that these score requirements represent standards for admission to the University of Mary but do not necessarily represent standards for admissions to programs with the university which may impose a higher standard of English competency (i.e., Health Sciences, Education, etc.).