Welcome to Student Support Services TRIO Program!
Student Support Services/TRIO is a program funded through the U.S. Department of Education and is designed to help eligible students remain in college and graduate.
Students who are interested in receiving services must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Accepted for enrollment or currently enrolled at the University of Mary
- Be a citizen or national of the United States
- Must have a need for academic support in a post-secondary program
Students must also must meet at least one of the following criteria to be eligible for services:
- Low income (please see attached application for current low income eligibility levels)
- First generation college student (neither parent has a bachelor’s degree)
- Have a documented physical or learning disability
- Academic/Personal Advising
- Early Registration Submission
- Financial Aid Information
- Financial Literacy Awareness
- Freshman Orientation Instruction
- Preparation for Graduation, Graduate School and/or Resume Preparation
- Midterm Grade Evaluations
- Referral Services
- Scholarship Services
- Book, Merit, and Supplemental Grant Aid Available
- One-On-One Tutoring
- Career Advising
- Study Skills Workshops
- Cultural Events
If you are interested in applying to SSS and meet eligibility requirements for the program, please complete a Student Support Services/TRIO application. Completed applications may be brought to the Student Support Services Office, lower level Welder Library or emailed to [email protected]. Your application will be reviewed by Student Support Services staff to determine official eligibility.
The Student Support Services team publishes a helpful newsletter each month. Access recent newsletters using the links below:
- December 2019 Newsletter
- October 2019 Newsletter
- September 2019 Newsletter
- May 2019 Newsletter
- April 2019 Newsletter
- March 2019 Newsletter
- February 2019 Newsletter
- January 2019 Newsletter
- November 2018 Newsletter
- October 2018 Newsletter
- September 2018 Newsletter
- April 2018 Newsletter
- March 2018 Newsletter
- February 2018 Newsletter
- January 2018 Newsletter
- December 2017 Newsletter
- November 2017 Newsletter
- October 2017 Newsletter
- September 2017 Newsletter
We've assembled a document with many tips, tricks and other useful nuggets to help you find and get scholarships! Use the button below to get this helpful info.
Not sure where to begin your scholarship search? Check out our extensive list of scholarships you may qualify for. These are very general, but there are many scholarships available that may be specific to your area of study. If you would like to complete further research, please see your TRIO Advisor for help with our resources.
Student Support Services at the University of Mary is committed to creating and maintaining a supportive environment for program students and encourages academic excellence and integrity, student success, individual responsibility, leadership, and service.