Degree type(s): Bachelor's
Degree field(s): Healthcare; Nursing
Location(s): Bismarck, ND
Program offerings by location and modality are subject to change.
Nursing LPN to BSN Bachelor's Degree Program
For more than 30 years, the LPN to BSN program at the University of Mary, a top nursing school in North Dakota has enabled Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) with a certificate, diploma, or associate degree, to attain a bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
Completing the LPN to BSN program at the University of Mary will help you advance your nursing career, pursue leadership opportunities and other nursing roles, and prepare you for graduate nursing education.
Nursing LPN to BSN Degree Program Highlights
Recognizing the practicing nurse’s competency and to help lessen scheduling conflicts, the LPN to BSN program at the University of Mary uses a blended learning format to eliminate the need for students to attend daily classes. Students are required to attend on-campus sessions for orientation, simulations, comprehensive exams, and clinical experiences. A minimum of 23 days are to be completed in Bismarck, ND over the 6 semesters of the LPN to BSN program. The remainder of the program, both theory and a portion of the clinical experiences, can often be fulfilled in or near a student’s home community.
To gain admission in the LPN to BSN nursing program:
- Complete an admission application
- Hold a current license in good standing as a certificate, diploma, or associate degree LPN
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher from a combination calculated from a minimum of 15 credits from prerequisite courses and all the nursing courses from the student’s LPN program
- A passing score on an ATI TEAS Entrance Exam. (Minimum level for admission accepted is “proficient”)
- Grade of “C” or higher in each of the following nursing prerequisite courses, the
following courses may only be repeated once:
- English Composition II
- Anatomy and Physiology I & II
- Introduction to Organic/Biochemistry
- General Psychology
- Lifespan Psychology
- Sociology or Anthropology
- Elementary Statistics/or College Algebra and complete an admission application
Course Requirements for the LPN to BSN Program
BIO 207, 208, 209; ENG 121; PSY 201, 207; ANT 171 OR SOC 107; CHE 107.01; MAT 180 OR MAT 103; an Ethics course, NUR 341.03, NUR 248.03, NUR 343.03, NUR 319.03, NUR 216, NUR 317.03, NUR 323.03, NUR 345.03, NUR 347.03, NUR 336.03, 435.03, NUR 446.03, NUR 331.03, NUR 436.03, NUR 423.03, NUR 444.03, NUR 443.03, NUR 450.03, NUR 424.03, and IPE 401