Degree type(s): Master's
Degree field(s): Business & Finance
Location(s): Billings, MT; Bismarck, ND; Fargo, ND; Grand Forks AFB, ND; Watford City, ND; Fort Riley, KS
Program offerings by location and modality are subject to change.
MS in Business Degree Evening Program Overview
Gain the skills required to be a business leader in the 21st century. The MS in Business program at the University of Mary enables you to complete your master’s degree in business in just 15 months at one of the most affordable private universities in the nation. Providing a strong background in the essentials of accounting, economics, and finance, the MS in Business evening program emphasizes valuable business soft skills, such as communication and interpersonal skills. Like our MBA degree program, the Master of Science in Business also offers eight optional areas of specialization you can tailor to your individual career objectives:
Optional areas of specialization for your MS in Business degree:
- Healthcare Specialization - MS in Business Degree
- Human Resource Management Specialization - MS in Business Degree
- Project Management Specialization - MS in Business Degree
- Public Administration Specialization - MS in Business Degree
- Virtuous Leadership Specialization - MS in Business Degree
- Catholic Philanthropy - Online MS in Business Degree
- Leadership Specialization - Online MS in Business Degree
In addition to the graduate evening program, we also offer the Master of Science in Business degree online, or as a blended program that combines online and on-site evening classes.
MS in Business Evening Program Highlights
- Complete your Master of Science in Business degree in as few as 15 months. Or, with a specialization, in just two years.
- Work toward your master’s degree via flexible, convenient evening classes that meet one night each week.
- Earn your MS in Business degree with no Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) requirement.
Most classes start every five weeks year round.
Choose what works for you. Our on-site, accelerated MS in Business program classes meet one night per week at conveniently located adult learning locations across the Midwest. At the University of Mary, you have three options to earn your Master of Science in Business degree:
- Evening courses available in Bismarck, Fargo, and Grand Forks Air Force Base in North Dakota or at Fort Riley, Kansas.
- Entirely online.
- Blended combination of online and evening courses.
The University of Mary is one of the most affordable private universities in the United States.
Immediate return on investment
Master’s degree graduates earn, on average, 30% more than those without an advanced degree, according to U.S. News and World Report.
The MS in Business program at the University of Mary is regionally accredited through the Higher Learning Commission.
Work toward your master’s degree in business with a group of adult student peers, providing strong support, work teams, and long-lasting friendships.
Learn from faculty who are also business leaders in their communities and in the region, and who bring a real-world business perspective to your classes.
Support when you need it
Since our focus is on cutting-edge business practices and not on research, we have the time to give you additional personal attention.
Apply Christian, Catholic, Benedictine values to navigate ethical complexities in business and serve the greater good.
MS in Business Capstone
Our MS in Business degree evening program offers a capstone model designed for busy, working adults. Instead of writing a traditional thesis following your studies, Mary’s curriculum and capstone model allow you to build your final capstone throughout your coursework while researching a business-related topic you are passionate about.
Being a graduate student has been character building for me. The coursework has provided the opportunity to take what I am learning in graduate studies and apply those principles to my career. It has been great being able to make a difference in my profession and grow at the same time. It is a win-win that I am grateful for!
Why Earn Your Master’s in Business?
Earn your master’s degree in business in an affordable, convenient evening program at the University of Mary, and look forward to these career advantages and more:
About 20% of today’s open positions in the U.S. prefer or require a graduate degree, but only 11% of the population holds an advanced degree.*
U.S. workers between the ages of 21 and 64 with a master's or other advanced degree earn a higher average annual salary ($55,242) compared to those with undergraduate degrees ($42,877).
In many career sectors, such as higher education administration, public affairs, and social services, a master's degree is replacing a bachelor's degree as the minimum requirement for employment.**
* In Defense Of The Master's Degree (Forbes)
** 6 Reasons Why Graduate School Pays Off (US News and World Report)
We encourage you to contact your personal admissions representative to discover all of the options that might be available to you. Financial aid is available, and in some cases, a scholarship may be available as well.
Our admissions professionals will work together with our Office of Financial Assistance to ensure that you get the best financial aid package possible to finance your education.
Upon applying to the University of Mary, you will be assigned a personal admissions representative who will help guide you through the application process. We encourage you to contact the graduate admissions office for details.
Individuals holding a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and who have an undergraduate GPA of 2.5 overall, or 2.75 during the last two years of the undergraduate degree, or 3.0 in a major field will be admitted to begin graduate study. To complete the application process, please submit:
- Goal Statement – 3 to 5 paragraphs stating how this graduate degree will align with your personal and professional goals.
- Official transcripts – Please mail the transcripts to the University of Mary at
- Office of Graduate Admissions
University of Mary
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
- Office of Graduate Admissions
- Two letters of reference – when you apply you will be asked to enter email addresses for your references. This will generate the form to automatically be sent to the email recipient for completion.
- Resume – Submit this to your admission representative.
- Application/enrollment fee – This will be collected at the time you fill out the online application.
- Applications are reviewed by the faculty members of the program. You will be notified that you have been admitted, admitted on probation, or denied admission to the program.
Acceptance at the University of Mary does not automatically qualify you to pursue a program in one of the academic programs of study. Application requirements are specific to each major or academic program.
The Master of Science in Business (MS) does not require the GMAT.
If you are considering a Master of Business Administration degree, you might also be interested in the following graduate business programs offered online and on-site at the University of Mary: