Degree type(s): Master's
Degree field(s): Education
Location(s): Online; Bismarck, ND
Program offerings by location and modality are subject to change.
M.Ed in Physical Education and Athletic Administration: Online Program
Graduate degree; Master of Education
The Physical Education and Athletic Administration Master of Education program is designed for physical education and sports professionals who wish to improve their administrative skills. Blending theory and practice, this graduate program provides an advanced understanding of physical education and educational administration. This degree will assist you in positions such as athletic director, lead of your physical education department, and activities director. It will not allow you to become a principal.
The M.Ed in Physical Education and Athletic Administration at the University of Mary is delivered in an online format that includes optional traditional face-to-face classes.
Physical Education and Athletic Administration Program Highlights
Take your career in sports or physical education to the next level. At the University of Mary, you have the opportunity to earn your master’s degree in an accredited program at an affordable, private, Catholic university.
- Pursue your graduate degree on a schedule that works for you, in a flexible program that blends online classes.
- Gain exciting experiential learning opportunities.
- Work closely, online and in small classes, with world-class faculty who bring professional physical education and administrative experience to the classroom.
- Develop as a servant leader in a curriculum grounded in Christian, Catholic, Benedictine values.
- Administration of Physical Education
- Assessment and Planning in Physical Education and Sports
- Critique & Design of Research
- Ethics in Education & Human Performance
- Diversity in Cultural & Human Relations
- School Finance
- Management Theory/Personnel
- Integrating Technology in Education
- Coaching Today's Athlete
- Sport Compliance
- Observational Internship
Electives (Choose 2 Courses):
- Public Relations
- School Law
- Psychology of Human Performance
- Foundations in Education
- School Plant
- Portfolio Presentation
In addition to Mary's general graduate admission requirements, applicants of this particular program must have a bachelor’s degree in athletic training, exercise science, physical education, or a related field. They must also possess a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5 to be eligible for acceptance.
Completion of this program does not lead to teacher licensure. Applicants seeking licensure should contact an advisor in the University of Mary Education Department for more information on licensure requirements.
Program Advisor: Dr. Wade Kooiman
For more information on the M.Ed in Physical Education and Athletic Administration program, please contact Dr. Wade Kooiman at [email protected] or the University of Mary Graduate Admissions Office at (800) 288-6279.