Degree type(s): Master's
Degree field(s): Business & Finance
Location(s): Billings, MT; Bismarck, ND; Fargo, ND; Grand Forks AFB, ND; Watford City, ND
Program offerings by location and modality are subject to change.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Evening Program
In the Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree evening program at the University of Mary, you will solve real-world business problems in an academic setting that prepares you to lead and manage in diverse business areas.
What is an MBA degree?
The University of Mary MBA degree program is a blend of leading-edge research and experiential learning, provided in an accelerated format that enables you to complete your master’s degree in as few as 20 months. The MBA degree can also be tailored to your specific career goals, with eight optional areas of concentration (including a new Catholic Philanthropy MBA program).
What are the different types of MBA degrees at Mary?
The University of Mary offers the following optional areas of concentration for your Master of Business Administration coursework, so that you can choose the best type of MBA degree for your life’s goals:
- Catholic Philanthropy Concentration - MBA Degree
- Healthcare Concentration - MBA Degree
- Healthcare Informatics Concentration - MBA Degree
- Human Resource Management Concentration - MBA Degree
- Project Management Concentration - MBA Degree
- Public Administration Concentration - MBA Degree
- Virtuous Leadership Concentration - Leadership MBA Degree Programs
In addition to our MBA degree evening program, we also offer an affordable online MBA degree, as well as in a blended-format program that includes online and on-site classes.
MBA Evening Program Highlights
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) evening program at the University of Mary is designed to offer maximum flexibility and convenience for today’s adult graduate learners, while providing the knowledge, skills, and values you need to be a successful business leader. Our MBA evening classes allow students to continue to work, while preparing for a better future.
Most MBA evening classes start every 5 weeks, year-round.
At the University of Mary, you have several options to earn your MBA degree depending on your preference:
- Evening courses available in Bismarck, Fargo, and Grand Forks Air Force Base in North Dakota, or at Fort Riley, Kansas. Evening classes meet one night each week.
- Mary's affordable online MBA program.
- A blended program that combines online and evening courses.
With current tuition priced at $520 per credit, the University of Mary is one of the most affodable private universities in the US.
Immediate return on investment
Master’s degree graduates earn, on average, 30% more than those without an advanced degree, according to U.S. News and World Report.
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree at the University of Mary is accredited by both the Higher Learning Commission and the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
In addition to being exceptional educators, our faculty are also experienced business leaders who bring real-world expertise to the classroom.
Support when you need it
Because our focus is on state-of-the-art business practices (as opposed to research), you will get the level of personal attention and support you need at the University of Mary.
Our MBA degree evening program is firmly grounded in the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine values of the university.
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree Capstone
Our MBA degree evening program offers a capstone model to help create a more positive, less stressful experience for working adult students. Instead of requiring a traditional thesis following your studies, Mary’s curriculum is based on researching material for a final capstone throughout your coursework.
At Mary, your MBA program is customized to align with your experience and business interests. You will apply course concepts to the specific challenges you’ve encountered in business. As you progress through the program you will build the foundation for your capstone, which will examine a business topic that you are passionate about.
University of Mary has the best programs with each degree clearly mapped out, allowing students to know what to expect. The flexibility for students to jump in and out of various classes to meet their scheduling needs is fantastic. University of Mary truly is the best!”
Why Earn Your MBA Degree?
The MBA evening program at the University of Mary offers a number of advantages that will position you to succeed in your career.
According to U.S. News and World Report, a master’s degree is quickly becoming the minimum education required for many types of jobs.
The average salary for U.S. workers (ages 21–64) with a bachelor’s degree is $42,877, whereas the average salary for those with a master’s degree or higher is $55,242.
Approximately 20% of current open positions in the U.S. prefer or require a graduate degree, but only about 11% of Americans hold an advanced degree.*
- BUS 501 - Graduate Program Orientation
- BUS 504 - Management and Organizational Behavior
- MPM 500 - Introduction to Porject Management
- BUS 505 - Human Resource Management
- PHI 572 - Ethics
- BUS 565 - Statistics and Research
- BUS 610 - Marketing
- BUS 635 - Law in the Managerial Environment
- BUS 502 - Operations Management
- BUS 555 - Managerial Finance
- BUS 605 - Managerial Accounting
- BUS 571 - Executive Economic Analysis
- BUS 790 - Graduate Business Capstone
- HUM 799 - Graduate Studies Assessment
Individuals holding a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and who have an undergraduate GPA of 2.5 overall, or 2.75 during the last two years of the undergraduate degree, or 3.0 in a major field will be admitted to begin graduate study. To complete the application process, please submit:
- Goal Statement – 3 to 5 paragraphs stating how this graduate degree will align with your personal and professional goals.
- Official transcripts – Please mail the transcripts to the University of Mary at
- Office of Graduate Admissions
University of Mary
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
- Office of Graduate Admissions
- Two letters of reference – when you apply you will be asked to enter email addresses for your references. This will generate the form to automatically be sent to the email recipient for completion.
- Resume – Submit this to your admission representative.
- Application/enrollment fee – This will be collected at the time you fill out the online application.
GMAT FOR THE ONLINE MBA PROGRAM
The GMAT is not a requirement for acceptance into the online MBA degree program but must be completed prior to the MBA-specific classes. In lieu of the GMAT, you can take three preparatory classes in Finance, Accounting, and Economics, or may qualify for a waiver if certain conditions are met. Contact your admissions representative or academic advisor for more information.
The related Master of Science in Business (MS) and Master of Project Management (MPM) programs do not require the GMAT.
How long does it take to earn an MBA at Mary?
Students can earn their MBA degree in as few as 18 months.
Can I work while I earn my degree?
Yes, the MBA program is flexible with classes offered in the evenings or online, allowing time for working professionals to continue their career.
When can I start my classwork?
Most MBA evening classes start every 5 weeks year-round, allowing you to begin your courses as soon as you’re ready.
Does this program require the GMAT or other prerequisites?
The GMAT is not a requirement for acceptance into the online MBA degree program but must be completed prior to the MBA specific classes. In lieu of the GMAT, students can take three preparatory classes in Finance, Accounting, and Economics.