Degree type(s): Master's
Degree field(s): Business & Finance
Program offerings by location and modality are subject to change.
Affordable Online MBA Programs
Earn your online MBA degree in as few as 20 months at the University of Mary. Our Master of Business Administration online program provides you with the knowledge and skills needed for management and leadership positions in a variety of business careers. With nine optional areas of concentration, you can tailor your MBA degree toward your specific career objectives.
Optional areas of concentration for your affordable online MBA program:
- Catholic Philanthropy
- Energy Management
- Healthcare Informatics
- Human Resource Management
- Project Management
- Public Administration
- Virtuous Leadership
We offer our MBA degree on site at locations across the Midwest, or in a blended format that includes both online and on-site courses.
MBA Online Program Highlights
The University of Mary's Online MBA program offers the convenience and flexibility that today’s adult students want and need, while also providing the skills and knowledge that will help you succeed in business management and leadership positions. Most classes in the online MBA program start every five weeks, year-round, allowing you to benefit from:
Quality, Accredited Curriculum
Our online MBA degree is accredited through both the Higher Learning Commission and the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
Online, Collaborative Learning
Collaborate with other adult students through a state-of-the-art online learning program, called Canvas, as you receive top-quality instruction throughout your online MBA degree program.
Receive personalized attention from Mary’s experienced faculty who bring real-world business expertise to their classes.
Values-Based EducationEverything that you’ll learn in the online MBA degree program will be taught from the perspectives of Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine values.
A Top-Ranked Business SchoolThe Gary Tharaldson School of Business is ranked as the top business school in North Dakota by Best-Business-Colleges.com.
Being a graduate student has been character building for me. The coursework has provided the opportunity to take what I am learning in graduate studies and apply those principles to my career. It has been great being able to make a difference in my profession and grow at the same time. It is a win-win that I am grateful for!
Why Earn Your MBA Degree?
Earning your MBA degree prepares you to succeed in an ever-changing job market, both today and throughout your career.
According to U.S. News and World Report, a master’s degree is quickly becoming the minimum education required for many types of jobs.
The average salary for U.S. workers (ages 21—64) with a bachelor’s degree is $42,877, whereas the average salary for those with a master’s degree or higher is $55,242.
Approximately 20% of current open positions in the U.S. prefer or require a graduate
degree, but only about 11% of Americans hold an advanced degree.*
*In Defense Of The Master's Degree (Forbes)
Curriculum that Utilizes Your Interests and Experience
Instead of writing a traditional thesis at the conclusion of your studies, Mary’s curriculum is based on researching material for a final capstone that you will build throughout the online MBA program.
As you earn your degree, you will apply course concepts to address the unique business challenges you’ve encountered. The foundation for your capstone will develop as you progress through the program and determine which business topic to cover in the capstone.
- BUS 501 Graduate Business Orientation
- BUS 565 Statistics and Research
- PHI 572 Ethics
- BUS 504 Management and Organizational Behavior
- MPM 500 Project Management
- BUS 505 Human Resources
- BUS 635 Law in the Managerial Environment
- BUS 610 Marketing
- BUS 502 Operations Management
- BUS 555 Managerial Finance
- BUS 605 Managerial Accounting
- BUS 571 Executive Economic Analysis
- BUS 790 Graduate Business Capstone
Specific course requirements for each online MBA concentration are listed at the links below.
Individuals holding a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and who have an undergraduate GPA of 2.5 overall, or 2.75 during the last two years of the undergraduate degree, or 3.0 in a major field will be admitted to begin graduate study. To complete the application process, please submit:
- Goal Statement – 3 to 5 paragraphs stating how this graduate degree will align with your personal and professional goals.
- Official transcripts – Please mail the transcripts to the University of Mary at
- Office of Graduate Admissions
University of Mary
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
- Office of Graduate Admissions
- Two letters of reference – when you apply you will be asked to enter email addresses for your references. This will generate the form to automatically be sent to the email recipient for completion.
- Resume – Submit this to your admission representative.
- Application/enrollment fee – This will be collected at the time you fill out the online application.
GMAT FOR THE ONLINE MBA PROGRAM
The GMAT is not a requirement for acceptance into the online MBA degree program but must be completed prior to the MBA specific classes. In lieu of the GMAT, you can take three preparatory classes in Finance, Accounting, and Economics.
If pursuing an MBA (in the evening or online program) you will need to take the GMAT (or additional courses) and achieve a score of 550 prior to MBA specific courses with only the following exceptions:
- Currently serving military or veterans who have been discharged honorably.
- Practicing physician (passed MCAT), practicing dentist (passed DAT), practicing attorney (passed LSAT), or a CPA
- Comparable score on another graduate school entrance exam, such as GRE or MAT
The related Master of Science in Business (MS) and Master of Project Management (MPM) programs do not require the GMAT.