Degree type(s): Licensure
Degree field(s): Speech Education
Location(s): Bismarck, ND
Program offerings by location and modality are subject to change.

Licensure is offered upon demand.

Please contact the Program Director of Communication or the Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences for further information. Contact info is shown below under Faculty Listing.


To be licensed to teach speech, students must obtain a secondary teaching degree and complete the speech minor. In addition they must take COM 319, 320; and any 8 hours from the following: COM 226, 303, 315, 316; ENG 332, 352, 353.

Even as one of the most affordable private universities in the nation, the University of Mary does offer a variety of scholarships. In fact, 99% of main campus undergraduate students receive some form of scholarship! 

Some scholarships are available for specific academic programs, such as nursing, while other scholarships are available for certain student populations, such as military and veteran students

We strongly encourage you to contact your personal admissions representative to discover all of the options that might be available to you. In many cases, a program specific scholarship is just one component of a complete financial aid package. 

Our admissions professionals will work together with our Office of Financial Assistance to ensure that you get the best financial aid package possible to finance your education. 

Acceptance at the University of Mary does not automatically qualify you to pursue a program in one of the academic programs of study. Application requirements are specific to each major or academic program.

We recommend consulting your advisor for details. Applications are reviewed by the faculty members of the program. You will be notified that you have been admitted, admitted provisionally, or denied admission to the program.


Faculty Contacts

Marek Dojs, Program Director of Communication: [email protected]