Melissa (Missy) Taylor PT, DPT, ATC
Board Certified Neurologic Clinical Specialist
Department of Physical Therapy
Missy Taylor has been a part of the full-time physical therapy faculty since 2010. She received her Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training in 2003 and her Doctor of Physical Therapy in 2006 from the University of Mary. Dr. Taylor is APTA board-certified in neurology and is a member of the APTA section on neurology. She is LSVT-BIG certified for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease. She has been a member of the continuing education committee of APTA-ND for seven years. Dr. Taylor has worked clinically in acute care since 2006. She is the Student Physical Therapy Association advisor and helps plan the annual Homerun Heroes event, which is a baseball game for kids with disabilities. Dr. Taylor is also head of the PT program admissions committee.
Her research agenda is focused on fall prevention programs for the elderly and various aspects of balance training/assessment in healthy individuals as well as those with neurological diagnoses. She has presented multiple posters nationally on these topics.
Missy is married to Jeromie and is a mother of two (Drew and Paige). She enjoys traveling with her family, being outdoors, and all things sports. In her free time, you can find her cheering on her children at various sporting events as well as her favorite collegiate and pro-teams.
- PTH 513 Systems Screening I - Hematology and Integumentary Sections
- PTH 515 Essential Skills I – Course Coordinator
- PTH 527 Essential Skills III (May) - Soft Tissue Component
- PTH 629 Neuromotor I – Neuro Assessment Section
- PTH 805 Adv. Patient Management - Problem Based Learning Group Facilitator
- PTH 855 Neurovestibular Elective - Course Coordinator/Teaches Advanced Neuro Content
- PTH 514 Systems Screening II - Neurological Section
- PTH 630 Neuromotor II - Course Coordinator
- PTH 636 Integumentary Mgmt - Wound Care Content
- PTH 531 & 731 (June – Aug) - Supervises 1st & 2nd-Year Students on Clinicals