About the Investment Club
Formed in 2009, the University of Mary Investment Club (UMIC) is comprised of students who want to gain an understanding of stock trading and the economic and business performance factors in portfolio management. Thanks to the vision, guidance, and generosity of A. Kirk Lanterman, founder and CEO of Kirlan Venture Capital, UMIC students have the opportunity to develop and practice financial analysis by managing a live $500,000 portfolio in a state-of-the-art center dedicated to hands-on financial education.
To develop student abilities in performing marketing analysis, formulating and executing successful investments strategies, and managing an equity portfolio.
To be recognized as a leading student-managed investment organization.
University of Mary Investment Club (UMIC) students gain valuable insight and experience in:
- Researching stocks
- Making stock and market pitches
- The nature of financial markets and institutions
- Organizational leadership
Leadership is an essential element of UMIC. All members, by virtue of being part of the club, are leaders whose work and efforts benefit the organization and its members.
UMIC officers provide added leadership by managing the organization's day-to-day business. Officer positions include:
- Public Relations Officer
- Be part of a great team
- Manage a live and growing investment portfolio
- Learn in an interactive, fun-filled environment
- Access to the A. Kirk Lanterman Financial Center
- Earn a certificate in fund management
- Visit key financial centers such as the New York Stock Exchange, the Chicago Board of Trade, and the Federal Reserve
- Participate in the Quinnipiac G.A.M.E. (Global Asset Management Game) Forum
- Explore career possibilities
- Network with industry and alumni leaders in the world of finance