University of Mary Accreditation
The University of Mary is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
The University of Mary Department of Education is accredited by the North Dakota Education Standards and Practices Board.
The six departments and one division within the University of Mary School of Health Science have all earned national accreditation through their respective accrediting agencies.
- Exercise Science is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for the Exercise Sciences.
- Athletic Training is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Athletic Training Education.
- The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, master's degree program in nursing, and Doctor of Nursing Practice program at the University of Mary are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education http://www.ccneaccreditation.org/.
- Occupational Therapy is accredited by Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education.
- Physical Therapy is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapist Education.
- Respiratory Therapy is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care.
- University of Mary is approved by the Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission to provide practice experiences in Washington State for the DNP/Family Nurse Practitioner and MSN/Nurse Educator program tracks. For more information, go to the following website: http://www.doh.wa.gov/LicensesPermitsandCertificates/NursingCommission/NursingPrograms.aspx
- Speech Language Pathology has Candidacy Status through the Council for Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Programs within the Gary Tharaldson School of Business are accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education.
Programs within the Gary Tharaldson School of Business are accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education.
The Social Work Program is accredited by the National Council on Social Work Education.
Music is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music.
Academic program are approved by:
- North Dakota Board of Nursing
- North Dakota Education Standards and Practices Board
- Project Management Institute
|Total Enrollment for Fall 2017||3,396|
|Undergraduate Transfer-In Enrollment||164|
Retention and Graduation Rates
First-time students pursuing bachelor's degrees entering in Fall 2016 and returning in Fall 2017: 75%
Overall graduation Rates (for first-time freshman entering 2011): 54%
Transfer Out Rate (for first-time freshman entering in 2011): 27%
Licensure Pass Rates
Accounting:Aggregated licensure pass rates are unavailable.
Athletic Training: BOC Pass Rate - Download Now
The University of Mary is a member of the National Council for State Authorization and Reciprocity (NC-SARA) which provides comparable national standards for interstate offering of postsecondary distance education courses and programs.
NC-SARA defines a complaint as: “a formal assertion in writing that the terms of this agreement, or of laws, standards or regulations incorporated by this agreement, are being violated by a person, institution, state, agency or other organization or entity operating under the terms of this agreement. “
A copy of the NC-SARA agreement can be found at umary.edu/NC-SARA.
Student complaints related to the University of Mary’s online programs not resolved through the University’s academic grievance procedures as described in the University Catalog or the General Grievance Policy for Students may be filed within two years of the incident about which the complaint is made to the North Dakota University System Office. These complaints can be mailed or emailed to:
Cheryl Thompson, M.S.Ed.
Outreach Manager, Core Technology Services of the North Dakota University System
2000 44th St. SW, Suite 301
Fargo, ND 58103