University of Mary Accreditation
The University of Mary is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Department and program accreditors are as follows:
- Athletic Training is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Athletic Training Education.
- Business: Programs within the Gary Tharaldson School of Business are accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education. Accredited program outcomes can be found here.
- Department of Education is accredited by the North Dakota Education Standards and Practices Board.
- Exercise Science is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for the Exercise Sciences.
- Music is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music.
- Nursing: The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, master's degree program in nursing, and Doctor of Nursing Practice program at the University of Mary are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education http://www.ccneaccreditation.org/. University of Mary is approved by the Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission to provide practice experiences in Washington State for the DNP/Family Nurse Practitioner and MSN/Nurse Educator program tracks. For more information, visit: http://www.doh.wa.gov/LicensesPermitsandCertificates/NursingCommission/NursingPrograms.aspx
- Occupational Therapy has been granted candidacy status from the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) located at 6166 Executive Boulevard, Suite 200, North Bethesda, MD. 20852-4929. ACOTE’s phone number, C/O AOTA is (301) 652-AOTA. The program is now eligible to proceed to Step 2 of the Initial Accreditation Process (the Initial Review), with the submission of the Self-Study Report due on March 2, 2020. The program would then participate in an Onsite Accreditation Team Visit, with the goal to receive formal accreditation before the first cohort of students graduate from the program.
- Physical Therapy is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapist Education.
- Respiratory Therapy is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care.
- Social Work is accredited by the National Council on Social Work Education.
- Speech Language Pathology has Candidacy Status through the Council for Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
|Total Enrollment for Fall 2019||3,779|
|Undergraduate Transfer-In Enrollment||136|
RETENTION AND GRADUATION RATES
First-time students pursuing bachelor's degrees entering in Fall 2018 and returning in Fall 2019: 80%
Overall Graduation Rates (for first-time freshman entering 2013): 60%
Transfer Out Rate (for first-time freshman entering in 2013): 22%
In accordance with 34 CFR §668.48, outcomes for student athletes are available here.
More information on student outcomes can be found on the College Navigator website.
Licensure Pass Rates
Athletic Training: BOC Pass Rate can be found here.
- Praxis for School Counseling students: 100%, class of 2019
- NCE for Clinical Mental Health Counseling students: 100%, class of 2019
- Addiction Counseling underwent licensure changes related to required examinations Class of 2020 will use MAC (no data is currently available)
Education: Core Academic Skills for Educators Reading 100%, Math 92%, Writing 100%; Early Childhood 100%; Elementary Education 97%; Secondary Teaching 100%
Exercise Science: 95% pass rate (first time test takers); 100% overall pass rate
Nursing (undergraduate): BSN/BAN: North Dakota Board of Nursing NCLEX: 100% (traditional cohort); CCNE NCLEX: 98.3% (all programs, first time test takers); NCLEX: 98.41% (all programs, all test takers)
Please visit the ND Board of Nursing website to see their Education Annual Report for additional details.
Nursing (graduate): Overall pass rate for FNPs: 100%; first-time pass rate: 92% (2017-2019)
Occupational Therapy: 2018: 100%
University of Mary NBCOT Pass rates can also be found at https://www.nbcot.org/en/Educators/Home#SchoolPerformance
Physical Therapy: The overall three-year pass rate on the NPTE (2017-2019) was 98%. The average first time pass rate over the past three years (2017-2019) was 90%.
Radiologic Technology: 2019-2020 pass rate was 100%.
- Undergraduate (2018): 100% pass rate on licensure exam/88% first time; 88% pass rate on advanced credential (RRT) exam.
- Graduate: 100% pass rate on licensure exam
Social Work: 100% pass rate in 2015
Academic programs are approved by:
- North Dakota Board of Nursing
- North Dakota Education Standards and Practices Board
- Project Management Institute