Program Advisors: Dr. Leroy Huizenga effective 11/12
Theological Studies Program (Second Major-Tempe, AZ Campus Only)
The Department of Philosophy and Theology strives to advance the dialogue between faith and reason through the study of philosophy, scripture, liturgy, Church history, and Christian morality.
• Critically evaluate the dialogue between faith and reason.
• Articulate Christian values and their application to human life.
• Demonstrate an understanding of servant leadership as reflected In the Christian scriptures and the Benedictine tradition.
• Analyze and evaluate philosophical and theological issues.
Major in Theological Studies (Second Major-Tempe Campus):
Requirements for a Theological Studies major include:
(1) 33 semester credits in theology
(2) All courses listed are required: THE 110, 112, 208, 220, 221, 303, 318, 326, and 330.
Minor in Theological Studies (Tempe Campus):
(1) THE 110 Introduction to the Bible and THE 112 Introduction to Theology
(2) THE 208 Introduction to Christian Ethics or THE 220 Faith and Justice
(3) Two 300 level theology courses offered by the University of Mary.
For additional upper level Theology course offerings, please see the Theology Program course listings.