Marketing Bachelor's Degree Program
Four year degree; Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS)
Program Advisor: Karel Sovak
The Marketing bachelorís degree program covers a wide range of business and marketing concepts, from sales to public relations and advertising. You will learn how to position and promote products and services, conduct marketing research, and analyze consumer behavior. Because marketing is a skill that applies to virtually any business, your bachelorís degree in marketing will open the door to a vast spectrum of professional opportunities.
Marketing Bachelorís Degree Program Highlights
In the Marketing bachelorís degree program at the University of Mary, you will gain unique insights into the world of marketing and business, and have exciting opportunities to gain real-world experience. Program highlights include:
- Learning to incorporate Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine values and the merits of servant leadership into academic and community projects.
- Working side-by-side with world-class faculty who bring professional marketing and business experience to their classrooms.
- An opportunity to take part in the Emerging Leaders Academy, a four-year leadership program for selected students.
- Developing and implementing effective marketing strategies into an e-commerce environment.
- Working with a team to develop strategic solutions to real-world business and marketing challenges.
Career Outlook for Marketing Majors
Marketing will continue to be essential for businesses as they look to maintain and expand their share of the market. Marketing managers will be needed to plan, direct, and coordinate advertising and promotions campaigns, as well as to introduce new products to the marketplace. Because marketing managers and their departments are important to an organizationís revenue, marketing managers are less likely to be let go than many other types of managers.
+ Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2012-í13 Edition.
Course Requirements for Your Bachelorís Degree in Marketing
Requirements for the marketing major:
- *ACC 101, *102; *CIS 101 or pass the equivalency exam, BUS 200, 201, *215, 230, 311, 333, 340, 341, 362, 380, 403, 406, 446 or 452; COM 329, 330
- *ECN 203, 204; *ENG 121, *COM 110, *MAT 180
- Ancillary courses included in the major: COM 204, 226; ART 108
- ALU 499, Senior Competencies Assessment (exam to be taken during your last semester of study).
* Should be completed prior to application to the major.
Requirements for the marketing minor:
- BUS 215, 230, 333, 340, 341; COM 330
View marketing course details
If you are considering pursuing a bachelorís degree in marketing, you might also be interested in the following undergraduate programs offered at our main campus in Bismarck, North Dakota: