Business Communication Bachelor's Degree Program
Four year degree; Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS)
As a college graduate entering the work force, your most marketable attributes will include a strong repertoire of communication skills, an up-to-the-minute understanding of current communication trends and technologies, and the knowledge to use these tools effectively. A bachelorís degree in business communication from the University of Mary will provide you with a solid foundation and cutting-edge capabilities to equip you for success. This bachelorís degree is offered at the University of Maryís main campus in Bismarck, North Dakota.
The business communication bachelor's degree includes exciting opportunities such as the Rome Campus and the Emerging Leaders Academyóa program that offers selected students the chance to gain real-world leadership experience.
Business Communication Bachelorís Degree Program Highlights
The need for exceptional communication abilities in business has never been greater. With a business communications degree you will be prepared to:
- Write and speak effectively to a wide range of audiences in a variety of formats.
- Use technical skills in audio, video, computer, photography, and research (even as they converge) to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrate an understanding of communication theory in business.
- Meet professional demands while developing productive working relationships.
- Discuss a wide range of global, societal, religious, and political issues.
- Apply Christian, Catholic, Benedictine values to navigate ethical complexities in business and serve the greater good.
Career Outlook for Business Communication Majors
Business communication is one of the most dynamic and rapidly growing professions in the business world. For example, employment of public relations managers and specialists is expected to grow more than 20 percent from 2010 to 2020.
+ Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2012-'13 Edition.
Learn more about the School of Arts and Sciences
Learn more about the Gary Tharaldson School of Business
If you are considering pursuing a bachelorís degree in business communication, you might also be interested in the following undergraduate programs offered at our main campus in Bismarck, North Dakota: