The University of Mary Cheer and Dance program provides a great opportunity for our students to cheer and perform at the college level. The cheer team performs during Marauders football games, leading one of the most vocal and larger crowds in the Northern Sun conference. The winter sport season is time for the Marauders dance team to shine, performing at U-Mary basketball games and in competitions.
- Advanced jumps—Toe Touch, Front Hurdler, Pike, Side Hurdler, Herkie
- Stunting—have experience as either a base, back spot, or flyer
- Motions—you will learn one cheer at try-outs and you must bring one of your own
- Cheer Dance— you will learn the cheer dance at try-outs
- Tumbling—cartwheel and round-off are required. Any additional tumbling will be extra points.
- Leaps/Jumps—Switch Leap, Ring Jump, C-Jump, Toe Touch
- Turns—Double/Triple Pirouettes, Fouette Turns,
- Motions—Proper hook up for kick line, straight arms, tightness, no thumbs hanging
- Dancing— You will learn the dance at try-outs
- Splits—Right & Left leg flat
- Kicks—Must be shoulder height or above