Fairs, special events, and resource library
Add a sentence or two of summary text here. (i.e., explain the purpose of the page as a whole.)
Career Fairs on campus
Career services sponsors several career fairs and the annual community fair to assist students with securing part-time, full-time, seasonal jobs, and internship opportunities. During these fairs representatives from businesses come and discuss the opportunities their company offers students.
- This event invites organizations from our Bismarck and Mandan community to come and speak to students about who they are and the opportunities they offer.
- Traditionally this fair is held the first week in August.
- This event invites healthcare organizations to the University of Mary campus around late September and speak with our students about the field of healthcare and the opportunities they offer.
- Businesses looking for interns and employees are invited to attend the University of Mary career and internship fair. Here students will meet with visiting employers, network, and search for jobs and internships.
- This event is typically held in February or March each year.
- This event invites invites education professionals to form connections and to build relationships with current college and university students.
- This fair is held in mid to late April and is co-sponsored by Bismarck State College and Dickinson University.;
Special events, sponsored by Career Services, will give you a safe arena to prepare and practice for your next big interview.
- Resumania is a unique event during which you will walk up to employers with a current draft of your resume to have it critiqued.
- Resumania gives you the opportunity to have a professionally polished and employer approved resume before you begin apply to positions.
- Mock interview day will give you the opportunity to gain valuable interview experience.
- Each student will have the opportunity to take part in a 15 minute mock interview with a local employer followed by a short feedback session.
Career resource library
Career services has an extensive career resource library to offer students, located in the upper west side of the Welder library. We encourage you to stop in and check out books on various career paths, majors, job search, resume/cover letter writing, networking, interviewing, graduate programs, and life after college.