POSITION TITLE: COORDINATOR FOR DEVELOPMENT AND PARTNERSHIPS
DEPARTMENT: GRADUATE ADMISSIONS
DIVISION: ENROLLMENT SERVICES
Summary of Position:
The Development and Partnership Coordinator fosters and maintains partnerships which drive enrollment and development growth goals of the university. The coordinatorís role includes acting as a liaison with Enrollment Services, Mission Advancement, Public Affairs, and external constituencies in pursuit of enrollment, community relationships, and development.
Reports to the Assistant Director of Admissions in the Office of Enrollment Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Demonstrates a willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
* Recruits qualified prospective students and applicants for admission and enrollment within an assigned territory, specifically focusing on transfer for non-traditional undergraduate programs. Must maintain consistent contact with prospective students through structured work expectations.
* Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the campus community, the general public, community college personnel and other agencies.
* Participate with the development team in building strategic partnerships, projects, and campaigns, working closely with the Offices of Mission Advancement and Public Affairs.
* Responsible for business development and forging partnerships with new and existing businesses and other organizations as assigned and within a market segment or geographic region
* Ability to identify, manage, and build strategic partnerships and relationships
* Build internal coalitions
* Identify and articulate needs and notify the appropriate units within the institution.
* Meets with prospective students on main campus, at the Butler Center, at other campus locations (when appropriate), and via distance through technology.
* Assists prospective students to complete the application process and degree plan completion and supports other departments as necessary to meet to student needs.
* Maintains and provides accurate and objective admissions data.
* Commitment to on-going knowledge base acquisition of the University. Stays current regarding federal and state regulations and guidelines. Maintain professional memberships and associations.
* Attends and actively participate in admission staff meetings, training programs, and planning retreats.
* Ensures each admitted student receives personal verbal and written communication, which may include extensive telephone and email contact. Records a summary of each telephone and email contact with the Hobsonís system.
* Provides input regarding the development of department goals and strategic plan.
* Attend special events sponsored by the Public Affairs office as requested.
* Demonstrate adequate knowledge in all academic and non-academic offerings, program delivery methods, and admissions standards.
* Plan and conduct recruitment events.
* Other duties as assigned at the discretion of the supervisors.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience:
Bachelorís degree required with a minimum of four years of sales and/or business to business marketing experience preferred. Experience presenting in front of large groups, along with establishing and maintaining client/prospect relationships, creating progress reports and developing presentations for various audiences.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite applications.
* Able to work independently and with a team of colleagues.
* Demonstrates leadership skills
* Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships throughout the community.
* Experience in group presentations and public speaking.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Knowledge in prospecting and relationship management
* Ability to work independently with flexible schedules and travel throughout western North Dakota
* Valid driverís license
Long periods of working at a desk or while driving. Ability to lift 20 pounds. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Responsibilities may require an adjusted work schedule and additional hours in order to meet deadlines and work with wide range of contacts.
Office is located in Watford City or surrounding area. Hours will be flexible. Frequent evening and/or weekend hours may be required. This is a full-time exempt, 12-month benefited appointment.
In addition to the general and specific objectives mentioned above, the Admissions Representative is always a good-will ambassador of the University. This individualís effort is aimed at increasing the appeal of the University to those with whom he/she has contact. A commitment to customer service is an absolute necessity. Individual must maintain positive disposition in midst of stressful and/or demanding situations.
This position description is a general description of the essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of the University of Mary are expected to perform tasks as assigned by management, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their letter of application, resume and 3 professional references to: Pam Treib, Human Resource Generalist, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504; [email protected]