Summary of Position: Provides administrative support services to support the daily operations of the Student Success Center and to support the university’s Title III grant.
Position Relationship: The Director of the Student Success Center and Title III director supervise the employee on a daily basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
* Maintains a professional and welcoming office environment and provides a positive customer service environment for students, other members of the university community and guests who visit or contact the Student Success Center.
* Maintains professional standards to protect the privacy and confidentiality of student records and departmental information in compliance with the Family Educational Records Privacy Act and university policies.
* Provides information about Student Success Center programs and services in response to inquiries.
* Performs administrative functions to support the daily operations of the department including answering and directing phone calls, taking messages for the staff, responding to emails, typing reports and correspondence, making copies, assembling documents and reports, maintaining records and files, sorts mail, handling incoming and outgoing mail, and maintaining office equipment and managing supplies inventory.
* Maintains financial and Title III mandated records for APR reporting.
* Gives clerical support to the Title III director in the area of admissions and retention as prescribed by the Title III grant.
* Directly assists the Title III director with the annual filing of mandated reports.
* Maintains departmental electronic databases.
* Assists SSC Director and other staff with reports, newsletters, budgets, and grant proposals.
* Record minutes for SSC staff meetings.
* Maintain records of all Student Success Center activities.
* Assist with developing brochures and other SSC materials.
* Assist with hosting, organizing, and participating in special events and activities.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience: High school diploma or GED and two years of work related experience. Demonstrate ability to type 50 words a minute. Good organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communications skills. Able to meet the needs of our students, including a high degree of confidentiality, integrity and discretion. Requires knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications. Ability to learn university specific programs such as Jenzabar.
Physical Demands: Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer terminal; hearing and speaking to exchange information and make presentations; the ability to transverse the campus, stamina to work long hours and the ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Work Environment: The office is located in the Student Success Center on the lower level Benedictine Center. Business hours of the university are 8:00 to 4:30 Monday thru Friday. In order to serve student need, the Student Success Center is also open to provide services some evening hours. Other evening and weekend hours may be required. Daily attendance at work is required unless the SSC Director has approved an absence.
This position description is a general description of the essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of the University of Mary are expected to perform tasks as assigned by management.
This is a 12 month full-time, non-exempt position with benefits.
Applicants are requested to submit an application to: Mary Brandt, Director of Human Resources & Risk Management, University of Mary, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504; firstname.lastname@example.org; 701-355-8377.