Summary of Position: Recruits and engages prospective adult students for online, on-site or blended Accelerated undergraduate and graduate programs, enrolls qualified students to build a strong student population.
Position Relationship: Director of Recruitment and Data supervises the employee on a daily basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
• Recruits qualified applicants for admission and enrollment within an assigned territory. Territory boundaries are reviewed and may change to meet business needs and goals.
• Establishes and maintains contact with interested prospective students.
• Assists prospective students to complete the application process and supports other departments as necessary to meet student needs.
• Maintains and provides accurate and objective admissions data.
• Meets with prospective students to provide information. Explains academic requirements, course delivery methods, costs, program expectations, and student support services.
• Facilitates timely communications between students, academic units and student support.
• Provides enrollment information in accordance with university policies and procedures.
• Works collaboratively with academic units to remain current on program information and create a strong student experience.
• Processes applications and maintains recruitment files.
• Ensures accurate data entry of student information and demonstrates proficiency in established data standards.
• Prepares regular recruitment reports. Participates in enrollment forecasting, analysis of enrollment data, and strategic planning.
• Meets recruiting goals provided by the Director of Recruitment and Data.
• Safeguards the confidentiality of student information and departmental administration by exercising discretion in communicating information to faculty, staff, alumni and current and prospective students. Handles departmental records and files and similar confidential materials per FERPA guidelines.
• Participates in university and community events as appropriate.
• Other duties as assigned.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience: Bachelorís degree in education, business or applicable field and one year of admissions counseling or equivalent. Prefer Master degree.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required:
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to become the subject matter expert on program offerings and university policy.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite applications.
• Must demonstrate the highest professional demeanor and ethics while representing the university.
• Strong interpersonal and writing skills are necessary, including public speaking skills and the ability to present the university in a positive way to diverse populations. Ability to represent the university positively through a strong, student-centered ethic.
• Ability to maintain confidential information per federal and state laws.
• Time management skills. Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and complete multiple projects and within recommended timelines.
• Ability to travel occasionally and maintain a valid driverís license.
Physical Demands: Ability to stand or sit for long periods while driving or working on a personal computer.
Work Environment: The office is located in the Benedictine Center. This is a full-time, 12 month position with benefits. Evening and weekend work may be required to meet the needs of prospective students. Daily attendance at work is required unless the supervisor authorizes a leave.
This position description is a general description of the essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of the University of Mary are expected to perform tasks as assigned by management, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Qualified candidates are requested to submit their letter of application, resume and 3 professional references to: Sheyna Stroh, Director of Human Resources, University of Mary, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504; firstname.lastname@example.org.