Summary of Position: Manages the planning, development, and implementation of the University of Maryís enrollment marketing strategies. Receives strategic direction from the Director of Admissions and Director of Worldwide and provides marketing expertise to assist in achieving enrollment objectives. As a member of the Office of Public Affairs, this position is essential for effective and productive communication with the directors listed above.
Position Relationship: The Director of Public Affairs supervises the employee on a daily basis; work priorities come from the Director of Admissions and Director of Worldwide.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
• Working directly with enrollment leadership, prepare, implement, and manage the entire enrollment marketing programs for undergraduate and graduate programs both on main-campus and off-campus across many specialized areas, including online marketing, direct marketing, traditional-channel marketing, and social media marketing for lead generation and conversion.
• Receives direction from Director of Admissions and Director of Worldwide while providing expert perspective to craft the most effective marketing plan within an established budget.
• Works with Public Affairs Information Services to design and refine the message and layout of marketing pieces. Ability to conceive and complete pieces for multiple mediums, while also using other resources when appropriate. Ensures professional quality and proper quantity. Monitors cost effectiveness, and sufficient production time. Ensures sufficient time for quality control and editing process through both the admissions department and public affairs.
• Develops, supports, and sustains an optimal lead flow process for recruitment team.
• Conduct and/or manage market research to inform brand perceptions, competitive positioning, and market demand.
• Builds metrics to measure cost per start and cost per lead on a consistent basis for each enrollment market. Monitors and analyzes data per campaign to evaluate effectiveness.
• Creates and updates electronic admission and enrollment forms in .pdf and other formats.
• Maintains accurate records for budgeting. Works within a planned budget and demonstrates effective stewardship of university resources.
• Orders marketing materials and maintains inventory.
• Ensures proper tracking and data integration.
• Works in conjunction with the Director of Web Content and Social Media to ensure the universityís website merges seamlessly with all other marketing activity, capturing and retaining leads and demonstrating campaign effectiveness through analytics data.
• Builds and measures programs for target prospect segments, defining optimal touch points and tactics with various integrated channels.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the campus community, the public, vendors, outside agencies, and others, including work with third-party vendors and/or consultants as needed.
• Other duties as assigned at the discretion of the Director of Public Affairs.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required:
• Bachelorís degree in marketing or related field and a minimum of three years of related work experience required, five preferred. Higher education experience desired. Masterís degree a plus.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, project management, oral and written communications skills. Ability to take strategic direction and oversee process through project completion and message delivery.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively on a team and individually to complete complex projects.
• High degree of confidentiality, integrity and discretion.
• Requires knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications and advanced skills in a Macintosh environment with proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite software.
• Solid writing/editing skills with knowledge of and proficiency in AP Media style.
• Understanding of media negotiation, purchasing and analysis.
• Ability to learn university specific programs such as Hobsonís Radius, Jenzabar and Canvas.
Physical Demands: Typical office environment; infrequently lifting and carrying items up to 40 lbs.; infrequently twisting or bending at the waist or reaching overhead; infrequently traveling between buildings on campus, to other campuses and high school; frequently listening to and talking with students, faculty and other staff members either in person or by telephone; frequently sitting at a desk or workstation using a computer display, keyboard, and mouse.
Work Environment: The office is located in the Benedictine Center. This is a full time exempt position (40 hours per week). Normal working hours are between 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Daily attendance at work is required unless the supervisor authorizes a leave.
This position description is a general description of the essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of the University of Mary are expected to perform tasks as assigned by management, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Qualified candidates are to submit their letter of application, resume and 3 professional references to: Sheyna Stroh, Director of Human Resources, University of Mary, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504; email@example.com.