Summary of Position: The Payroll Specialist position is an exempt position directly responsible to the Assistant Vice President for Human Resources and the Director of Payroll and is primarily responsible for Jenzabar employee data input, processing payroll and deductions and attendance time clock management.
Position Relationship: The Director of Payroll supervises this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
• Assist with the updating and development of various policies related to payroll.
• Manage COBRA program via third party vendor contract
• Assist with OSHA reports
• Assist with filing of federal and multi-state taxes, unemployment and workers compensation reports
• Assist with 403(b) reporting requirements
• File documents and financial records.
• Process all steps of payroll including:
• Managing data from electronic time clock system.
• Contacting employees for any missed punches
• Compiling payroll data and assist employees on items such as garnishments leave time, insurance and other deductions.
• Processing transfer of data to banks for automated payroll deposits.
• Input all payroll changes for employees and create records for new hires.
• Assist in maintaining payroll records and pull payroll reports for management as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills essential for this position are:
• Possess independent decision making skills.
• Possesses excellent customer service and telephone talents.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Proficient in technology, electronic data processing and database management.
• Working knowledge of computer technology including Word and Excel.
• Highly detail orientated with critical degree of accuracy.
• Understanding of payroll and payroll tax laws.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to work within a timetable and meet deadlines.
• Ability to make decisions in a timely fashion.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and oral/written communications skills.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Ability to organize and write procedures in a logical manner.
Possess good health-ability to sit at desk/computer for longer periods of time; ability to reach, stoop, bend, push and pull; must be able to lift approximately 40 lbs.
The office is located in the Benedictine Center. This is a full time position (40 hours per week). The normal working hours are 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Some overtime may occur. Daily attendance at work is required unless the supervisor authorizes a leave.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience:
Possess a Bachelorís Degree and two years related administrative experience or an Associate Degree and at a minimum six years of related administrative experience and with a solid working knowledge in Microsoft Office. Payroll and/or Jenzabar experience preferred.
This position requires appropriate training and/or equivalent work experience.
This position description is a general description of the essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of the University of Mary are expected to perform tasks as assigned by management, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their letter of application, resume and 3 references to: Sheyna Stroh, Assistant Vice President for Human Resources, University of Mary, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504; email@example.com.