Summary of Position:
Manages the student transcript process under the direction of the Registrar. Maintains AIMS in the Jenzabar system.
Full-time exempt position: (40 hours per week, 12 month)
Reports to Registrar.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Transcript Evaluator will accurately and skillfully examine and evaluate student academic records to determine admission eligibility and transferable course credits. The Transcript Evaluator will be responsible for determining transferable credits through examination of transcripts and by conferences/correspondence with advisors and other institutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic and Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
• Enter student transcripts for Traditional and Accelerated Education students with corresponding ARC (Advising Requirement Code) and ensure proper school codes are used for each transcript.
• Prepare degree plans.
• Maintain compliance with state, federal and University policies and guidelines.
• Uphold FERPA regulations.
• Maintain procedure manual for processing degree plans.
• Follow quality control standards.
• Address student complaints and provide solutions.
• Maintain and evaluate student degree requirements using administrative software.
• Complete unofficial evaluations.
• Provide information to faculty/staff regarding academic programs, degree requirements and transfer credit policy.
• Update student degree plans based on approved transfer credit waivers and substitutions, coordinate with faculty and university departments regarding academic program/concentration requirements and adjustments, articulation of transfer work related to academic programs, and catalog requirements.
• Coordinate with faculty and university departments regarding program/concentration, requirements, program adjustments, articulation and transfer credit policy and catalog enforcement.
• Assist in development and delivery of training programs for admission coordinators and advisors in utilization of web based degree evaluation processes.
• Responsible to maintain tables in database system of comparable course equivalencies.
• Assist in final degree processing and commencement ceremony.
• Create, edit, and maintain AIMS in the Jenzabar Advising Module.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience:
• Masterís degree preferred or the ability to complete a Master's degree with in 1 year of hire.
• Higher education work experience in Admissions or Registrar's Office.
• Prior experience reading transcripts
• Knowledge of Microsoft office software.
• Higher education work experience in both Admissions and Registrar's Office.
• Prior experience evaluating transcripts
• Understanding of articulation agreements, degree plan and degree audit programs/systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Accurate and timely data entry
• Must possess good critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Must be able to meet deadlines and stay within time frames.
• Must possess the ability to multitask
• Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
The office is located in the lower level of the Benedictine Center. The normal working hours are 8:00 to 4:30 Monday thru Friday. Daily attendance at work is required unless the supervisor has approved an absence. Must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
This position description is a general description of the essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of the University of Mary are expected to perform tasks as assigned by management, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Qualified candidates are to submit their letter of application and resume to: Sheyna Stroh, Director of Human Resources, University of Mary, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.