POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant II
DEPARTMENT: Student Development Office
DIVISION: Student Development
Summary of Position: Welcomes students, parents, visitors and callers to the Student Development Office with Benedictine hospitality. Provides information and answers questions about student services and programs. Schedules appointments, enters data, prepares reports and provides other general administrative and support services for the Vice President for Student Development and other members of the Student Development Division.
Position Relationship: The appointee is supervised on a daily basis by the Vice President for Student Development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Demonstrates a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
* Welcomes students, parents, visitors and callers to the Student Development Office with Benedictine hospitality.
* Provides information and responds to questions related to student housing, meal plans, parking permits, identification cards, and other student services and programs.
* Protects the privacy of student information in compliance with the Family Educational Records Privacy Act and maintains the confidentiality of other departmental information and records according to legal and professional standards.
* Performs administrative functions to support the daily operations of the department including answering and directing phone calls, taking messages for the staff, responding to emails, entering data and maintaining data bases, preparing reports and correspondence, making copies, assembling documents and reports, maintaining records and files, managing incoming and outgoing mail, maintaining office equipment and managing supplies inventory.
* Assists in planning and coordinating departmental and university-wide special events and activities.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience: A bachelorís degree in related field is preferred and two years relevant experience or an Associateís Degree and six years of relevant experience. Demonstrate advanced proficiency in utilizing Microsoft Office and superior customer service skills are required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: Demonstrated ability to keyboard 50 words a minute. Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communications (verbal and written) skills. Ability to maintain a professional office environment and treat confidential information following professional standards and practices. Ability to learn university specific programs such as Jenzabar.
Physical Demands: Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer terminal; hearing and speaking to exchange information and make presentations; the ability to transverse the campus, stamina to work long hours and the ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Work Environment: The office is located in the Student Development Office located on the main floor of the Benedictine Center for Servant Leadership. Business hours of the university are 8:00 to 4:30 Monday thru Friday. Other evening and weekend hours may be required. Daily attendance at work is required unless the supervisor has approved an absence.
This position description is a general description of the essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of the University of Mary are expected to perform tasks as assigned by management.
This is a 12 month full-time, non-exempt position with benefits
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their application and resume to: Sheyna Stroh, Assistant Vice President of Human Resources, University of Mary, 7500 University Dr, Bismarck, ND 58504; email@example.com