Summary of Position: The "Custodian" position is directly responsible to the Director of Facilities and is responsible for upkeep of campus facilities and grounds.
Position Relationship: The Director of Facilities or designee supervises the employee on a daily basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collect trash from all areas and remove trash from buildings.
• Dust all furniture and horizontal surfaces to include desks, tables, chairs, sofas, ledges, files, bookcases, cabinets, window sills, baseboards, telephones, etc.
• Clean all windows, glass and drinking fountains.
• Wipe up spillage on furniture and floors.
• Clean chalkboards and chalk rails.
• Dust and damp-mop floors, halls, stairways and vacuum all carpets.
• Spot clean furniture, walls and doors.
• Clean and sanitize all equipment in Fitness Center.
• Report the need of repairs to the Director of Physical Plant.
• Clean all washrooms which includes cleaning mirrors, clean and disinfect all surfaces to include tops, sides and underneath washbasins, commodes, urinals and all attached hardware and fixtures and dry chrome hardware to prevent water spotting. Check and fill dispensers and damp-mop floors.
• Painting when deem necessary.
• Assisting in snow removal.
• Assist with other duties as assigned.
Skills essential for this position are:
• Training/experience in janitorial work.
• Maintain and use janitorial equipment and tools.
• Recognize safety, cleanliness and health hazards.
• Ability to interact with college students.
• Organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Enthusiastic and self motivated.
• Team player.
• Possess a valid driverís license
Possess good health -ability to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. Employee is required to stand, walk, sit, climb, stoop, kneel and crouch. Employee must possess good vision and must be able to lift approximately 40 lbs.
The work environment will be designated according to need and other areas as designated by the Director of Facilities. May be exposed to cleaning fumes and caustic chemicals. The normal working hours are 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday. These hours may be subject to change. Working hours will include weekend rotation. Occasionally, overtime hours may occur. Daily attendance at work is required unless the supervisor authorizes a leave.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience:
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent with the ability to read, write and follow directions. Appropriate training/work experience in janitorial service.
This position description is a general description of the essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of the University of Mary are expected to perform tasks as assigned by management, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Applicants are invited to submit an application and references to: Mary Brandt, Director of Human Resources and Risk Management, University of Mary, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504; 701-355-8377; firstname.lastname@example.org.