Posted: September 12, 2013
Head Football Coach
Head Football Coach- The University of Mary, Bismarck, North Dakota, invites nominations and applications for the position of Head Football Coach. Identifying with the Christian, Catholic and Benedictine traditions, the university enrolls 2,800 students. The main campus is located in North Dakotaís capital city of Bismarck (total metro pop.100,000). As a member of NCAA Division II and the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference, the University of Mary fields 16 intercollegiate sports. It places an emphasis on excellence and integrity in athletics with a focus on academic achievement, athletic success, leadership development, rules compliance, and community service and partnerships.
The Head Coach is responsible for all aspects of the football program including strategic planning, budgeting, personnel management, and campus and community relations.
The successful candidate must demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission of the University of Mary and meet the following qualifications:
• a masterís degree preferred
• a demonstrable record of accomplishment in coaching
• an impeccable record of personal and professional integrity including compliance with NCAA regulations
• a clear commitment to a tradition of athletic and academic success for student-athletes
• experience as a coach in the college or university setting
• a history of involvement in campus and community activities
• excellent communication skills
All applicant information will be kept confidential during the search process.
To be considered for the position please send a letter of application, resume, and the names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three professional references to: Mr. Roger Thomas, Director of Athletics, University of Mary, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Screening of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled. The University of Mary is an Equal Opportunity Employer.