GRADUATE FACULTY POSITION
The University of Mary, Bismarck, ND, is seeking a qualified candidate for a full-time graduate faculty position in the Liffrig Family School of Education and Behavioral Sciences, beginning in the fall of 2015. The Liffrig Family School of Education and Behavioral Sciences offers undergraduate programs in elementary education, early childhood education, special education, secondary education (i.e. math education, biology education, history education, social studies education, business education, English education, and music education), psychology, social work, and criminal justice and graduate programs in counseling, school administration, special education, and curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
The school has an undergraduate enrollment of approximately 400 students and a graduate enrollment of approximately 150 students.
The University of Mary, a center of learning in the Benedictine tradition, has a three-fold mission: teaching, scholarly study including research, and service. It is the responsibility of all faculty members to promote the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission of the University of Mary and to implement the principles of Ex Corde Ecclesiae. Each faculty member shall be responsible to intentionally build a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in accord with St. Benedictís admonition that all be received as Christ.
The University of Mary overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association and education programs in the School of Education and Behavioral Sciences are accredited by the North Dakota Education Standards and Practices Board.
Summary of Position:
This position is a fulltime graduate faculty rank position and is directly responsible to the Chair of Graduate and Distance Education in the Liffrig Family School of Education and Behavioral Sciences. The responsibilities of this position include:
* Teaching graduate courses in the Doctorate of Education and Masters of Education graduate programs, during the fall, spring, and summer semesters
* Teaching one undergraduate course in the Department of Education, during the fall and spring semesters
* Program administrative responsibilities as assigned by the Chair of Graduate and Distance Education
* All roles and responsibilities associated with a full-time faculty appointment, including teaching, advising, scholarship, dissertation and thesis committee assignments, and service to the school and institution
* Earned doctorate required (preferred in education or related field)
* K-12 teaching experience (required)
* K-12 leadership experience (required)
* Minimum of three years of higher education teaching and leadership experience (preferred)
Preference will be given to applicants with prior successful higher education teaching and/or administrative experience. All candidates must have a willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic and Benedictine mission of the University of Mary. The University of Mary is an EEO/AA employer.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications, experience, and rank
Applications will be accepted until 3/1/15
Applications can be mailed to the Dean of the Liffrig Family School of Education and Behavioral Sciences at the address listed below and must include a cover letter, curriculum vitae or resume, and three references.
Dr. Rod Jonas
Dean, Liffrig Family School of Education and Behavioral Sciences
Boniface Hall #206
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504