GRADUATE ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVE
DEPARTMENT: GRADUATE ADMISSIONS
DIVISION: ENROLLMENT SERVICES
Summary of Position: Recruits and engages prospective students, enrolls qualified students, and builds a strong student population.
Position Relationship: The Director of Graduate Admissions supervises the employee on a daily basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
* Recruits qualified applicants for admission and enrollment within an assigned territory, specifically focusing on graduate programs. Must maintain consistent contact with prospective students through structured work expectations.
* Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the campus community, the general public, professional organizations, and other agencies.
* Fosters relationships with area business partners and entities such as the Chamber of Commerce, informing students and employers about graduate program opportunities
* Meets with prospective students on main campus, at the Butler Center, at other campus locations (when appropriate), and via distance through technology
* Assists prospective students to complete the application process and supports other departments as necessary to meet student needs.
* Maintains and provides accurate and objective admissions data.
* Commitment to on-going knowledge base acquisition of the University. Stays current regarding federal and state regulations and guidelines. Maintain professional memberships and associations.
* Attends and actively participate in admission staff meetings, training programs, and planning retreats.
* Ensures each admitted student receives personal verbal and written communication, which may include extensive telephone and email contact. Records a summary of each telephone and email contact with the Hobsons system.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their letter of application, resume and 3 professional references to: Pam Treib, Human Resource Generalist, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504; [email protected]