Maintain, monitor, and refine the function and content of the website and social media sites to engage, build and improve relationships with internal and external stakeholders. This position is the main point of contact for all web-related and social media functions. Working directly with the contracted content management system provider and any other outside vendor to produce and align website management and social media strategies to support the University of Maryís marketing goals.
The Director of Website Content and Social Media will report directly to the Director of Public Affairs and collaborates with Enrollment Services personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic and Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
• Develops integrated website and social media strategies to engage, build and improve relationships with internal and external stakeholders; maintains collaborative working relationships with stakeholderís to translate them into website application.
• Aligns website and social media strategies with marketing and communications strategies.
• Leads the development and management of the social media content strategy; creates and maintains the engaging content to ensure there is a constant stream of activity.
• Writes original posts and creates contents that optimize engagement objectives; responsible for daily posts/tweets to all social sites and tracking of social media influence measurements.
• Monitors online competitors and compares to our market position.
• Monitors web analytics using Google Analytics and other available tools to provide reports to the marketing committee.
• Consults with faculty and staff to gather requirements for website content needs.
• Works simultaneously on multiple projects, with the ability to serve as leader and/or participant on project teams within the University.
• Works directly with content management system provider and outside vendors, partners, and agencies to ensure digital marketing strategy is aligned with industry best practices and business objectives.
• Other duties as assigned.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience:
Bachelorís degree required. Degree in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, Web Development, or related field preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• A minimum of three years digital marketing or communications experience. Five years preferred.
• Knowledge and relevant experience with social media management platforms.
• Knowledge and relevant experience with analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
• Prior experience in customer service, communications, website management or online marketing preferred.
• Proficiency in social media including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and LinkedIn.
• Ability and desire to work both independently and collaboratively.
• Must have excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects to completion.
• Excellent communication, oral and written, and organizational skills required.
Possess good health - ability to sit at desk/computer for long periods of time; ability to reach, stoop, bend, push and pull; must be able to lift approximately 30 lbs. Possess the physical mobility to access multiple floor levels and the distances between buildings.
The office is located in the Benedictine Center. The normal working hours are 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Monday thru Friday. Occasionally, some weekend and evening work may occur. Daily attendance is required unless the supervisor authorizes a leave.
This position description is a general description of the essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of the University of Mary are expected to perform tasks as assigned by management, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Qualified candidates are to submit their letter of application, resume and references to: Sheyna Stroh, Director of Human Resources, University of Mary, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504; or email to: email@example.com.