POSITION TITLE: Database Operations and Gifts Manager
DEPARTMENT: Mission Advancement
Summary of Position:
The Gifts Manager will be responsible for the oversight of all receipt and handling of all gift donations on behalf of the University by overseeing the implementation of all aspects of the data entry and maintenance of the University of Mary donor database. He/She will create consistent database protocols and enforce these protocols among all staff while monitoring to assure accurate data is properly recorded in the donor records. He/she will be responsible to manage data queries and produce reports as requested for all mission advancement staff.
The Gifts Manager will oversee the entering of all gift information into the donor database in a timely manner. He/She will assure that all gifts received by the University are acknowledged through a consistent gift acknowledgement process. The Gifts Manager must be able to work with a variety of donors and staff, especially the Director of Development, Finance office and the Campaign Administrator to develop and implement consistent protocols and processes that serves the best interest and enhance the management system of University donors.
The Gifts Manager will directly report to the Vice President of Mission Advancement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic and Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
• Respond on the phone and in person in regards to questions related to accepting and receiving a gift from a proposed donor.
• Establish a functional operations donor database procedure to accurately record University donations.
• Responsible for accurate data entry of all University of Mary donations.
• Establish a protocol for recording and acknowledgment of all gifts received by the University.
• Oversee the input of information into the database to assure accurate recording of all donations into the donor database.
• Responsible for sending all donors acknowledgement of their gift by following established guidelines.
• Produce data queries and reports are requested
• Other duties as assigned.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience:
Bachelors Degree required. Ability to show progressive experience managing complex data systems and data resultant process. Prior experience with development operations is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Must be a team player with superior organizational skills and an eye for detail
Must be a self-starter who is able to work independently with minimal direction
Must possess a sound understanding of data systems
Must possess excellent communication skills
Must possess proficiency in general computer skills
Must possess the ability to easily form connections with donors
The physical requirements of this position is considered sedentary work; must be able to exert 10 lbs of force occasionally and or a negligible amount of force frequently or consistently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Repetitive motion is required in wrists due to the consistent input of data.
The office is located in the lower level of the Benedictine Center.
The normal working hours are 8:00 to 4:30 Monday thru Friday. Daily attendance at work is required unless the supervisor has approved an absence.
This is a full-time, 12 month salaried position.
This position description is a general description of the essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of the University of Mary are expected to perform tasks as assigned by management, regardless of job title or routine job duties
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their application and resume to: Pam Treib, Human Resource Generalist University of Mary, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504; email@example.com