POSITION TITLE: Masters of Counseling Program Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: School of Education and Behavioral Sciences; Department of Graduate Studies and Distance Education
Summary of Position: Administers the Masters of Science in Counseling (MSC) at the Fargo campus in the Butler Building.
Position Relationship: The MSC Program Coordinator is directly supervised by the MSC Program Director and the Department Chair for Graduate Studies and Distance Education.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Demonstrates a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic and Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
* Preparation of all student orientation materials, coordination and facilitation of the orientation event. Arrangements for technical staff, support staff, faculty, and classroom space requirements. 10%
* Advise students of the correct courses in which to enroll including credit load for specific courses that require registration by hand. 5%
* Maintain and compile accurate student records in order to facilitate degree completion and conferral. 5%
* Timely and accurate filing of all paperwork associated with changes in program, area of concentration, advisor, add/drop/withdrawal, grade change requests and other university forms as necessary with the registrar or department chair. 10%
* Arrange for all course materials in all concentrations of the program 10%
* Arrange for all contractual agreements for individuals providing academic services to the program. 5%
* Monitor student progress through the degree program. 5%
* Reach out to students on a regular basis to provide support throughout the program of study. 5%
* Course instruction in content areas as needed. 10%
* Travel to Bismarck for director/department chair meetings as well as other university-based meeting obligations. 5%
* Facilitate all IT trainings and other technology-based informative meetings. 5%
* Regular correspondence with adjunct faculty to ensure compliance with program expectations (e.g. taking attendance, syllabi uploading, gradebook use, submitting final grades in a timely manner, completion of student disposition forms, etc.) 10%
* Assist with recruitment and admission of students into the M.S. in Counseling program. 5%
* Other duties as assigned. 10%
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience: Masterís degree in Counseling with a minimum of three years of experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
* Proficient in the use of word processing programming
* Familiar with a basic Learning Management Programs
* Able to work cooperatively with key staff and faculty
* Ability to work flexible schedules
* Demonstrates leadership skills in decision making and program coordination
o Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
o Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
o Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
o Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
o Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
o Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
o The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their application and resume to: Sheyna Stroh, Asst. Vice President of Human Resources, University of Mary, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504; firstname.lastname@example.org