University of Mary’s Department of Institutional Research and Data Management (OIRDM) is seeking a programmer to join our expanding team. We are seeking a full-time staff programmer/analyst to access and integrate data from multiple datasets, analyze and interpret complex data sets, and provide analysis to non-technical executives and professional staff members as well as members of the public, under the supervision of the Director of the Office of Institutional Research and Data Management. The programmer/analyst will also serve as a subject matter expert, assisting business units in the design and development of reports to analyze and facilitate business processes and provide support for report users at all levels.
OIRDM distributes, maintains and supports a variety of Windows products for use stakeholders within a higher education environment.
This position reports to Director of the Office of Institutional Research and Data Management
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Demonstrates a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic and Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
* Analyze and interpret complex data sets
* Create, design, develop and update reports and accompanying documentation
* Write and execute multifaceted queries
* Prioritize multiple reports, data analysis, and data research requests with minimal supervision
* Communicate proactively to analyze information needs and requirements to deliver a project that meets stakeholder satisfaction
* Ensure compliance of all reporting restrictions and FERPA regulations
* Evaluate current data collection processes and design, create and manage relational databases as necessary.
* Import/export data sets using SQL Server Reporting Services, MS Excel, SQL Management Studio tools, and/or other reporting tools.
* Develop complex projects and manage multi-faceted assignments with limited oversight or supervision.
* Create reports to communicate findings for internal and external reporting
* Assist with the completion of external surveys and benchmarking projects
* Present information in an understandable and compelling manner
* Create efficient code to maximize data processing throughput and reliability
* Other duties as assigned
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience:
* College degree or equivalent combination of education and technology design or support experience.
* 3 or more years of progressive experience working in SQL Server database development, data centric application development or database integration support or 3 or more years progressive experience in data warehouse support activities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
* Three plus years’ experience SQL Server 2008 R2
* Three plus years’ experience with SQL Server Integration Services
* Proficiency in advanced SQL coding, SQL Server Reporting Services - SSIS, and SSRS
* MS Excel
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Experience with business and technical requirements analysis
Ability to sit or stand for longer periods of time; ability to reach, stoop, bend, push and pull; must be able to lift approximately 20 pounds.
The office is located in the Benedictine Center. The normal working hours are 8:00 to 4:30 Monday thru Friday. Daily attendance at work is required unless the supervisor has approved an absence. This position is an exempt full-time 12 month appointment.
This position description is a general description of the essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of the University of Mary are expected to perform tasks as assigned by management, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Candidates are invited to submit their letter of application and resume to: Sheyna Stroh, Director of Human Resources, University of Mary, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504; or email to email@example.com; 701-355-8377.