Summary of Position: Coordinates clinical placement for graduate nursing students.
Position Relationship: The Chair of Online and Distance Nursing Education supervises the employee on a daily basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Must demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the
University of Mary.
* Coordinate overall management of all graduate nursing student clinical placements
* Prepare placement reports for program coordinators
* Manage the clinical tracking software system
* Extend hospitality to community partners within healthcare agencies and to graduate nursing students
* Create and update student accounts to include but not be limited to immunizations, criminal background checks, licensure, and certifications
* Manage clinical site and preceptor information
* Participate in monthly graduate program meetings and Annual Program Assessment Days
Skills essential for this position are:
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications.
* Attention to detail and accuracy.
* Ability to interact effectively with healthcare agencies, students, faculty and staff.
* Possess organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
* Ability to effectively meet and communicate with the public.
Possess good health - ability to sit at desk/computer for longer periods of time; ability to reach, stoop, bend, push and pull; must be able to lift approximately 40 lbs.
The office is located in the Casey Center. This is a full time (40 hours per week), 12-month position.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience:
* BS degree preferred
* Experience with healthcare environment desired but not required
* Affinity for relationship building among students and the community of healthcare professionals
This position description is a general description of the essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of the University of Mary are expected to perform tasks as assigned by management, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their application and resume to: Sheyna Stroh, Assistant Vice President of Human Resources, University of Mary, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504; firstname.lastname@example.org.