POSITION TITLE: Financial Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Business Office
DIVISION: Office of Financial Affairs
Summary of Position: Analyze and communicate the results of operations and financial position of the University of Mary. Candidate must be analytical and possess strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
Position Relationship: The Vice President for Financial Affairs supervises this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
• Represent the Office of Financial Affairs (FA) with integrity and a high level of professionalism.
• Maintain absolute confidentiality and discretion in all matters related to the Office of Financial Affairs and associated areas of responsibility.
• Assist in developing financial projections to aid in making recommendations on new projects, operations, and investments.
• Perform balance sheet analysis by reviewing financial statements and supporting data in order to assess the institutionís financial position.
• Analyze actual revenue, costs, gains and losses in order to determine achievement of objectives, financial health and performance of the institution over time
• Assist in monitoring, analyzing and making recommendations regarding various agreements.
• Analyze budget and financial forecasts and prepare variance analysis.
• Experience preferable in Jenzabar, Info Maker, and Access.
• Other duties as assigned, including account reconciliations.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience:
Requires a bachelorís degree in finance, business administration, accounting or appropriate discipline from an accredited institution. Four years experience is desirable, but entry level would be acceptable given the ability and motivation to learn.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Strong analytical and financial skills are required.
• Maintain sensitive and confidential information. Use a high degree of tact, discretion and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive situations and individuals.
• Must be able to evaluate alternatives and make appropriate recommendations.
• Highly organized, able to set priorities, and exercise sound judgment within areas of responsibility.
• Understand, interpret, explain and apply rules and policies applicable to areas of responsibility.
• Able to communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing. Able to prepare clear, accurate and concise correspondence, records, reports and other documents.
• Experienced user of Microsoft Office Suite applications, especially Excel.
Ability to sit at a desk/computer for longer periods of time; ability to reach, stoop, bend, push and pull; must be able to lift approximately 20 lbs.
This is a full time, 12 month, salaried position, but will consider part-time as well. The office is located in the Benedictine Center. The normal working hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Occasionally, additional overtime may occur. Daily attendance at work is required unless the supervisor has an approved absence.
This position description is a general description of the essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all of the duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of the University of Mary are expected to perform tasks as assigned by management.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their letter of application, resume and 3 professional references to: Pam Treib, Human Resource Generalist: University of Mary 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504; [email protected]