Summary of Position: Provide administrative support to the Athletic Director and the entire athletic department. Assist with all events and fundraising activities within the Athletic department.
Position Relationship: The Athletic Director supervises the employee on a daily basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
• Have the ability to accommodate the schedules of multiple individuals.
• Provides administrative support to all department staff, including distribution of mail, correspondence, and telephone calls.
• Assists with all aspects of game management.
• Maintains annual department calendar.
• Maintains an inventory of office supplies, equipment, and forms.
• Prepares and distributes meeting agendas; attends meetings and records proceedings; prepares and distribute minutes.
• Initiates and maintains office filing systems; develop internal filing system and retention schedule procedures.
• Develops and maintains files for all sports; includes annual reporting requirements.
• Coordinates the maintenance of office equipment systems.
• Provides work direction for work study students regarding tasks and procedures.
• Must adhere to and follow all NCAA Rules and Regulations.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Assist with the maintenance of the athletic website.
• Assist with the documentation and history of athletes, athletic stats and hall of fame.
• Assists with the coordination of events and fundraising activities.
NCAA Compliance Duties
• Assists with the completion of the NCAA Eligibility reports for all sports.
• Gathers and maintains mid-term and final grades for all students participating in the athletic programs.
• Assists with the coding of student-athletes in the student information system.
• Assists with academic credit checks of the student-athletes.
• Assists with filing of NCAA Compliance Paperwork.
• Assists the Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance with miscellaneous tasks and compliance meetings.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience: Associate degree in a related field and four years of administrative support experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and data processing. Demonstrate ability to type 50 words a minute. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively greet and communicate with internal and external customers. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Physical Demands: Ability to reach stoop, bend, push and pull; and lift approximately 20 pounds.
Work Environment: The office is located in the McDowell Fieldhouse. The normal working hours are 8:00 to 4:30 Monday thru Friday. Overtime hours may occur while working in conjunction with home athletic contests. Daily attendance at work is required unless the supervisor authorizes a leave.
This position description is a general description of the essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of the University of Mary are expected to perform tasks as assigned by management, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Candidates are invited to submit their letter of application, resume and 3 references to: Sheyna Stroh, Assistant Vice President of Human Resources, University of Mary, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504;