Posted: May 3, 2013
Graduate Assistant-Men's Soccer
Summary of Position: Assists the head menís soccer coach in various facets of a collegiate program while working towards a masterís degree.
Position Relationship: The Graduate Assistant reports to the Head Menís Soccer Coach.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Demonstrates a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic and Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
* Assist the Head Coach with the day to day operations of the program.
* Assist with all on field training sessions, games, including breaking down film.
* Assist in recruiting student athletes including travel for in person scouting.
* Assist with camps and clinics.
* NCAA compliance paperwork.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience:
* Admission into graduate school at the University of Mary is required.
* Oral and written communication skills, including the ability to address conflict resolution and confrontation with diverse populations.
* Evidence of successful soccer coaching experience (playing and/or coaching) is required.
* Interest in pursuing a later career in coaching soccer is preferred.
Physical Demands: The ability to step in and play in training sessions as needed.
Work Environment: The working environment includes both office hours, on field coaching as well as travel for both recruiting and games. Applicants must have a valid driverís license as well as the ability to travel internationally.
Application Deadline: The preferred application deadline is May 13; the position will remain open until filled. Contact David Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org; 701-355-8365.
This position description is a general description of the essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. A requirement of this position is to hold student status and is therefore not eligible for employee benefits.