Position Summary: Analyze student eligibility for financial aid within federal and institutional regulatory requirements.
Position Relationship: Supervised on a daily basis by the Director of Financial Aid.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Demonstrates a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic and Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
* Analyzes student data for financial aid eligibility and performs the basic functions of a financial aid administrator in the delivery of Title IV aid including, but not limited to:
o Verification of student file prior to awarding
o Awarding students federal, state and institutional aid
o Disbursing of financial aid
o National Student Loan Database System monitoring
o Return To Title IV calculations upon withdrawal and processing of data of exit interviews
o Aid adjustments
o Assisting with appropriate Consumer Information dissemination
o Satisfactory Academic Progress review
o Maintain FERPA compliance
* Supports the university in the administration of financial aid within the realm of federal regulations.
* Assists in providing direction for the operational functions of the office and when called upon, to direct the support staff in their duties.
* Interacts with other University of Mary offices to attain Administrative Capability across campus.
* Presentations as required to both on-campus and off-campus constituents.
* Studies, interprets and implements federal regulations and attends training as required.
* Maintains the integrity of the University of Mary through ethical interaction with students and through quality data processes.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience: Bachelorís degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related degree and two years of financial aid or work-related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
* Detail-oriented with the ability to work in a volatile work environment;
* Ability to organize workflow in a self-directed manner;
* Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal skills are critical as interaction will require times of sensitive interaction with students and families.
Physical Demands: Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer terminal; hearing and speaking to exchange information and make presentations. Ability to sit for long periods of time at a computer.
Work Environment: Office is located on the main campus in the Benedictine Center. Evening and weekend hours can occur. Limited travel. Full-time, 12-month benefitted administrative staff appointment.
This position description is a general description of the essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of the University of Mary are expected to perform the duties as assigned by management, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Closing date: May 10, 2013.
Candidates are to submit their letter of application and resume to: Mary Brandt, Dir. of Human Resources & Risk Management, University of Mary, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504; email@example.com.