POSITION TITLE: ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVE - TRAVELING
DEPARTMENT: UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONS
DIVISION: ENROLLMENT SERVICES
The Admissions Representative - Travelling reports to the Director of Undergraduate Admissions. His/her objectives are the recruitment of students for admission to the University of Mary.
Position Relationship: The Director of Undergraduate Admissions supervises the employee on a daily basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Demonstrates a willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
* Manage a travel schedule to events and high school visits to generate leads and to recruit qualified applicants for admission and enrollment.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the campus community, the public, high school personnel, agencies, and others.
* Contribute to strategic planning for travel and lead generation, including marketing and event planning.
* Communicate with corresponding admissions representatives to share leads and discuss the health of a particular market.
* Meet with prospective students and parents/family members on and off campus.
* Assist prospective students in the application process and support other departments as necessary to meet to student needs.
* Provide accurate and objective admissions data when requested.
* Commitment to on-going knowledge base acquisition of the University, issues in Admissions and Recruitment, Financial Aid or other areas relevant to enrollment.
* Attend and actively participate in admission staff meetings, training programs, and planning retreats.
* Telephone and email contact with prospects and applicants to ensure that each admitted student receives personal verbal and written communication that supports meeting enrollment goals. Documents a summary of each telephone and email contact.
* Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, both while travelling and in the office, to build the positive perception of the University.
* Other duties as assigned at the discretion of the supervisors.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required:
* Ability to work independently and with a team of colleagues.
* Ability to travel extensively and have a driverís license.
* Safeguards the confidentiality of student information and departmental administration by exercising discretion in communicating information to faculty, staff, parents, alumni and current and prospective students, and in handling departmental records and files and similar confidential materials.
* Must demonstrate the highest professional demeanor and ethics while representing the University.
* Proven ability to communicate and listen effectively.
* Must demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
* Long periods of sitting at desk/computer terminal
* Ability to lift 20 lbs.
* Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to operate a motor vehicle required
The office is located in the Benedictine Center. This is a full time position with benefits. Normal working hours are 8:00 a.m-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. This position demands heavy travel; daily attendance at work is required unless the supervisor authorizes a leave. Evening and weekend work may also be required to meet the needs of prospective students and their families, and flex time is a possibility to cover these demands.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience:
* Bachelorís Degree in Marketing/Sales or applicable field.
* Previous admissions experience preferred.
* Must have advanced interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively and interact with prospective and current students, staff and faculty.
In addition to the general and specific objectives mentioned above, the Admissions Representative is always a good-will ambassador of the University. This individualís effort is aimed at increasing the appeal of the University to those with whom he/she has contact. A commitment to customer service is an absolute necessity. Individual must maintain positive disposition in midst of stressful and/or demanding situations.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their letter of application, resume and 3 professional references to: Pam Treib, Human Resource Generalist, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504; [email protected]