Summary of Position: The Human Resource Generalist seeks to optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of several key service areas of the Human Resources Department with focus on employee relations and benefits administration and is instrumental in the development and implementation of new initiatives such as updating handbooks, best-practice policy development and staff education.
Position Relationship: Supervised by the Director of Human Resources
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
• Updates and maintains job description database.
• Provides full-cycle recruitment support for all open vacancies including posting positions, prescreen resumes, scheduling interview, and draft and extend offers.
• Ensures the Hiring Guidelines are followed during the recruitment process.
• Work closely with payroll and IT to ensure accurate processing of employee information and technology requests.
• Assists with the preparation of reports via the Jenzabar database.
• Develop and maintain database of eligibility for Health Insurance and Retirement Benefits.
• Provides updates and posts new forms under the Human Resource section of our website.
• Supports various human resources plans and procedures for all university personnel.
• Assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
• Administering various Leaves of Absence including: FMLA, Extended Sick Leave, Military, Educational, Personal, Court, Funeral/Bereavement
• Assists with the updating of employee handbook, policies and procedures.
• Records and assist supervisors in performance evaluations and corrective action plans.
• Facilitates the onboarding and exiting process for all employees and submits COBRA updates to the third party vendor.
• Collaborate with benefits broker to coordinate various employee benefit programs and education.
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or related field and two years of work related experience.
• Proficient in MS Office, in particular Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Preference given to applicants with Jenzabar or other HRIS database experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Ability to relate and communicate with all levels of employees through excellent listening and communication skills that engender trust and support.
• Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
• Understands the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
• The ability to research and analyze various different type of data information.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work.
Physical Demands: Ability to for longer periods of time; ability to reach, stoop, bend, push and pull; must be able to lift approximately 20 pounds.
Work Environment: The office is located at the Benedictine Center. This is a full-time, 12-month, administrative position. Depending on the workload; additional time may be needed to complete tasks and projects.
Compensation: Salary range of $45,000-$60,000, depending on experience.
Qualified candidates are to submit a letter of application, resume and references to Sheyna Stroh, Director of Human Resources, University of Mary, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504; 701-355-8377; email@example.com.