Position Title: Director of Development
Department: Mission Advancement
Summary of Position: The Director of Development must execute fund raising duties to maintain the continuity of the existing program while working to expand the donor support base in all phases of fund development. All activities will be conducted in accordance with the institutional goals and ideals.
Position Relationship: The Vice President for Mission Advancement supervises the employee on a regular basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates a willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Personally manage a portfolio of approximately 100 major gift prospects
• Supervise a team of staff and volunteers in the cultivation and solicitation of approximately 250 prospects
• Cultivate new prospects; acquire new donors at all giving levels
• Give direction to and be responsible for the continued growth and development of the Board of Regents.
• Work directly with the Director of Alumni to fulfill fund raising goals with Alumni
• Work with fundraising volunteers including members of the Board of Regents and Trustees, Presidentís Club and others
• Attend special events sponsored by the Office of Mission Advancement
• Lead, organize, supervise, and execute components of a capital campaign
• Be an ambassador of the University of Mary
• Attend weekly staff planning and coordination meetings conducted to review current activities and progress
Skills and Qualities for the Position:
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work with broad spectrum of individuals
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team and to handle multiple projects in an overlapping time frame
• Strong computer skills
• Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends; position may involve travel
• Experience in fund raising and campaign planning preferred
• Ability to sit at a desk and/or computer terminal for extended periods of time.
• Ability to move freely to meet necessary demands.
The office is located in the Benedictine Center for Servant Leadership. The normal working hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Additional hours may be required to complete projects and meet deadlines. Daily attendance to work is required unless the supervisor has approved an absence. Appropriate business-like apparel and professional representation is required.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
Bachelorís degree in appropriate area.
This position description is a general description of the job and its essential functions. It is not intended as a comprehensive listing of the duties and responsibilities of the position. All employees of the University are expected to perform tasks as assigned by management, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their letter of application, resume and 3 professional references to: Pam Treib, Human Resource Generalist: University of Mary 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504; [email protected]