POSITION TITLE: Receptionist
DEPARTMENT: Business Office and Human Resources
DIVISION: Financial Affairs and Human Resources
Summary of Position:
The receptionist is responsible for assisting Business Office and Human Resources staff with clerical support in their daily operations.
The receptionist will report to the Vice President of Financial Affairs
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrate a willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
• Provide superior customer service by greeting guests in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner.
• Ensure phone calls are answered promptly and redirected accordingly.
• Receive, sort and forward incoming mail and daily newspapers.
• Assist students and staff with questions about services and procedures.
• Compose and type routine correspondence, schedule appointments as requested, make copies, and keep records.
• Generate correspondence as assigned.
• Enter data in database and generate reports as needed.
• Direct all correspondence to appropriate offices.
• Maintain confidentiality regarding all aspects of the work environment.
• Make arrangements for the proper repair and maintenance of office equipment.
• Order and maintain office supplies through University Purchasing agent.
• Receive and distribute University of Mary faxes to appropriate personnel.
• Maintain car check out log, gas cards and car keys.
• Record and process travel advances.
• Maintain the petty cash box.
• Support staff in various shipping methods.
• Lock the office at the close of each work day.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience:
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications.
• Demonstrate ability to type 60 words a minute.
• Must have a High School Education
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Provide a professional and positive image through in-person, computer and phone interaction.
• Possess the ability to multi-task.
• Create and maintain a welcoming environment for students, faculty and staff.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to interact and communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with students, faculty and staff.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral and written skills.
• Ability to be self- motivated.
• Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: answering phones, photocopying, faxing, mailing, filing and note taking.
• Maintain highly sensitive and confidential information. Use a high degree of tact, discretion and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive situations and individuals.
• Highly organized, able to set priorities and exercise sound independent judgment within areas of responsibility.
• Understand, interpret, explain and apply rules and policies applicable to areas of responsibility.
• Organize and maintain filing system and manage document databases.
• Able to prepare clear, accurate and concise correspondence, records, reports and other documents.
Ability to sit at a desk/computer for longer periods of time; ability to reach, stoop bend, push and pull; must be able to lift approximately 40 lbs.
This is a 12 month full time hourly position. The office is located in the lower level of the Benedictine Center. The normal working hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Occasionally, additional overtime may occur. Daily attendance at work is required unless the supervisor has an approved absence.
This position description is a general description of the essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all of the duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of the University of Mary are expected to perform tasks as assigned by management
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their letter of application, resume and 3 professional references to: Pam Treib Human Resource Generalist, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504; [email protected]