POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant-Campus Safety and Security
DEPARTMENT: Campus Safety and Security
Summary of Position: The Office Assistant position is responsible to the Director of Campus Safety and Security and is primarily responsible for general office assistance to the Campus Safety and Security Dept.
Position Relationship: The Director of Campus Safety and Security supervises the employee on a daily basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrate a willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic and Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Provide overall clerical assistance for the Dept. of Campus Safety and Security to include answering phones, making necessary copies, distribution of faxes, preparation of office correspondence and tracking of daily cash transactions.
• File and assure that all necessary documents are stored and secured as directed by Director of Campus Safety and Security.
• Assures that the operation of security devices and life safety equipment is functional and assure that repairs, services or inspections are completed when needed.
• Assists the Director of Campus Safety and Security with necessary training for students, or staff in regards to safety procedures.
• Provide bookkeeping assistance such as journal entries for various requests, maintain vehicle information in Jenzabar for parking permits and tickets.
• Maintain billing procedures for student and employee parking violations.
• Provide services to student and staff within office— assigning parking permits, accepting deliveries and providing general customer assistance such as directions and referrals.
• Answers all phone calls to the office of Campus Safety and Security.
• Patrol campus as time allows and issues parking tickets if parking violations are observed.
• Respond to student or employee concerns with respect.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills essential for this position are:
• Proficient in computer technology. (Microsoft office)
• Attentive to detail with accurate and timely record keeping.
• Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and staff.
• Good critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work within a timetable and meet deadlines.
• Ability to make decisions in a timely fashion.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and oral/written communications skills.
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
Possess ability to sit at desk/computer for longer periods of time; ability to reach, stoop, bend, push and pull; must be able to lift approximately 40 lbs.
The office is located in the Benedictine Center. This is a full time position (40 hours per week). The normal working hours are 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Daily attendance at work is required unless the supervisor authorizes a leave.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience:
• Must have a high school diploma.
• An associate degree in office management is preferred.
• Must possess at least two years of secretarial experience with knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office.
This position description is a general description of the essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of the University of Mary are expected to perform tasks as assigned by management, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their letter of application, resume and 3 professional references to: Pam Treib, Human Resource Generalist, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504; [email protected]