Summary of Position: This position is responsible for the strategic direction of marketing and communication for the University of Mary and representing its multiple constituencies, both internal and external, in order to create a climate of public and private support for the fulfillment of the Universityís mission.
He/she provides oversight and supervision for the Coordinator of Website Content and Social Media, Coordinator of Enrollment Marketing, and the Creative Services department.
Position Relationship: The Vice President for Public Affairs supervises the employee on a regular basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
• Develops and implements a strategic University marketing program.
• Working directly with Enrollment Services ensures that marketing strategy produces sufficient lead generation to meet enrollment objectives.
• Ensures media strategy supports the Universityís development efforts.
• Provides counsel and advice on major public relations issues.
• Establish a program of internal communication for the University.
• Develops a public relations and marketing function which supports and advances the comprehensive vision of the University of Mary to its constituents.
• Provides direction and supervision to the Universityís
• Creative Services department, and oversees the external communication program to ensure that standards of high quality are maintained.
• Directs the implementation of the campusís media relations for print and broadcast media at the local, state and national levels.
• In partnership with deans, faculty and administration, assess their public relations needs and develops and implements programs accordingly to meet those needs.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience:
● A bachelor's degree is required, a masterís degree preferred, and a minimum of five years of successful management experience in working and communicating with multiple audiences (preferably at an institution of higher education);
Excellent oral and written communication skills;
Experience in dealing with broadcast and print media;
Demonstrated ability to work successfully with multiple constituencies, both internal and external to an organization;
Thorough knowledge of principles and methods of planning and conducting a comprehensive public relations program, including the development and implementation of a strategic marketing plan;
Previous supervisory experience, preferably in the area of public affairs, public information, communications or publications.
Ability to sit at a desk and/or computer terminal for long periods of time, to lift up to 30 pounds and to bend, stoop, walk and carry items.
The office is located in the Benedictine Center. The normal working hours for this exempt full time position are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Daily attendance to work is required unless the supervisor has approved an absence. Appropriate business-like apparel and professional representation is required.
This position description is a general description of the essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of the University of Mary are expected to perform tasks as assigned by management.
Qualified candidates are to submit a letter of application, resume and references to: Sheyna Stroh, Director of Human Resources, University of Mary, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504; email@example.com.
Closing date: June 30, 2014