Summary of Position: Create a welcoming environment in the Student Success Center (SSC) and provide administrative support to all staff in the SSC. Deliver exemplary customer service to internal and external visitors to ensure positive interaction.
Position Relationship: Supervised by the Director of the Student Success Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic and Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
• Perform clerical duties such as word processing, answering phones, making copies, and record keeping.
• Direct correspondence to appropriate offices.
• Schedule appointments and travel for staff.
• Attend and record minutes during weekly staff meetings.
• Order and maintains office supplies.
• Maintain records and contact information for all participants.
• Enter data in database and generate reports as needed.
• Assist staff with developing brochures and other materials.
• Assists with tutoring needs including applications, tutor packets, time sheets, and similar needs.
• Assist with hosting, organizing and participating in special events and activities.
• Maintain confidentiality regarding all aspects of the work environment.
• Maintain the Facebook page for the SSC.
Skills essential for this position are:
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills including telephone etiquette.
• The ability to relate to staff, faculty, and students of all social, economic and cultural backgrounds.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to resolve issues and problem solve.
• Knowledge of computers and programs as well as proficiency in work processing, spreadsheets, Microsoft Office applications, database management and electronic data processing skills.
• Ability to embrace change.
• A self-starter.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience: Associate degree and two years of work experience in an office support position.
Physical Demands: Possess good health -ability to sit at a desk/computer for longer periods of time; ability to reach, stoop, bend, push and pull; must be able to lift approximately 40 lbs.
Work Environment: The office is located at the main Bismarck campus. The normal working hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. Daily attendance at work is required unless the supervisor has approved an absence.
This position description is a general description of the essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of the University of Mary are expected to perform tasks as assigned by management, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Candidates are requested to submit their application and resume to: Sheyna Stroh, Director of Human Resources, University of Mary, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504; 701-355-8377; firstname.lastname@example.org.