Summary of Position: Provides administrative assistance to the Admissions Department. Assists staff in the recruitment of qualified students.
Position Relationship: The Director of Admissions supervises the employee on a daily basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Demonstrates a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
* Provides superior customer service by greeting guests in a professional, friendly, and hospitable manner.
* Ensures phone calls to the University of Mary admissions department are answered promptly and redirected accordingly.
* Receives sorts and forwards incoming mail and email. This may include web-based inquiries, visits and electronic transcripts.
* Inputs and verifies data pertaining to potential and incoming students.
* Data entry and import workflow for Admission module with the Radius and Jenzabar systems.
* Processes Daily Procedure to generate time-sensitive letters to prospective students.
* May assist in providing work direction to work study students.
* Maintains student database for various mailings.
* Other duties as assigned by director.
Skills essential for this position are:
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications.
* Attention to detail and accuracy.
* Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and staff.
* Demonstrate ability to type 50 words a minute.
* Possess the ability to multi-task.
* Ability to effectively meet and communicate with the public.
Possess good health - ability to sit at desk/computer for longer periods of time; ability to reach, stoop, bend, push and pull; must be able to lift approximately 40 lbs.
The office is located in the Benedictine Center. This is a full time (40 hours per week), 10-month (August 15 through June 15) position. The normal working hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday. Occasionally, overtime hours may occur. Daily attendance at work is required unless the director authorizes a leave.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED with the ability to read, write and follow directions and two years of secretarial experience.
This position description is a general description of the essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of the University of Mary are expected to perform tasks as assigned by management, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their application and resume to: Sheyna Stroh, Director of Human Resources, University of Mary, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504; email@example.com.