Summary of Position: Provides administrative assistance to the Enrollment Services Department. Provides support for the Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Services and staff in student recruitment and retention.
Position Relationship: The Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Services supervises the employee on a daily basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Demonstrates a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
* Provides superior customer service by greeting guests in a professional, friendly, and hospitable manner, and directing them to their destination.
* Assists in coordination of major events such as SOAR, scholarship events, and annual meetings with local educational institutions.
* Schedules appointments and travel arrangements for Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Services.
* Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos, and emails
* Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements for directors and supervisor
* Record, compile, transcribe, and distribute minutes of meetings
* Inputs and verifies data pertaining to potential and incoming students.
* Data entry and import workflow for Admission module with the Radius and Jenzabar systems.
* May assist in providing work direction to work study students.
* Maintains student database for various mailings.
* Provide secondary support to ensure that phone calls to the University of Mary are answered promptly and redirected appropriately.
* Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Skills essential for this position are:
* Excellent customer service skills
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications.
* Attention to detail and accuracy.
* Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and staff.
* Demonstrate ability to type 50 words a minute.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Possess the ability to multi-task, and to reprioritize quickly as needs arise
* Ability to effectively meet and communicate with the public.
Possess good health - ability to sit at desk/computer for longer periods of time; ability to reach, stoop, bend, push and pull; must be able to lift approximately 40 lbs.
The office is located in the Benedictine Center. This is a full time (40 hours per week), 12-month position. The normal working hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday. Occasionally, overtime hours may occur. Daily attendance at work is required unless the supervisor authorizes a leave.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED with the ability to read, write and follow directions and two years of secretarial experience.
This position description is a general description of the essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of the University of Mary are expected to perform tasks as assigned by management, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their letter of application, resume and 3 professional references to: Sheyna Stroh, Assistant Vice President for Human Resources, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504; email@example.com.