POSITION TITLE: ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVE - OFF-SITE (TEMPE)
DEPARTMENT: ENROLLMENT SERVICES
DIVISION: UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONS
Summary of Position: Recruits and engages prospective students, enrolls qualified students to build a strong student population.
Position Relationship: The Director of Curriculum and Academic Programing supervises the employee on a daily basis. The Director of Undergraduate Admissions sets recruitment goals and assists with annual evaluation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Must be able to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
• Recruits qualified applicants for admission and enrollment within an assigned territory, specifically focusing on Catholic School students inbound to ASU, transfer students and dual degree students and non-traditional undergraduate programs.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the campus community, the Newman Center, the general public, ASU college personnel, Catholic and private local high schools, and other agencies.
• Fosters relationships with instructors and counselors within the Catholic Schools to inform students about courses and dual degree programs available in Tempe.
• Participates in high school college days and parent meetings to articulate value of Catholic higher education.
• Participates and helps direct outreach and recruitment events (ie. ASU freshman orientations)
• Establishes and maintains contact with interested prospective students in Tempe.
• Meets with prospective students as well as travelling to particular Catholic schools and community college events and fairs.
• Assists prospective students to complete the application process and degree plan completion and supports other departments as necessary to meet to student needs.
• Provides potential and current students general advising and financial aid information.
• Maintains and provides accurate and objective admissions data.
• Commitment to on-going knowledge base acquisition of the University. Stays current regarding federal and state regulations and guidelines.
• Attends and actively participate in admission staff meetings, training programs, and planning retreats in person and remotely on main campus (Bismarck).
• Ensures each admitted student receives personal verbal and written communication, which may include extensive telephone and email contact. Records a summary of each telephone and email contact with the Hobsonís system.
• Provides input regarding the development of department goals and strategic plan.
• Other duties as assigned at the discretion of the supervisors.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience: Bachelorís degree and experience in Marketing/Sales, recruitment or related field. Must have advanced interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively and interact with prospective and current students, staff and faculty.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required: Ability to work independently and with a team of colleagues. Ability to travel moderately and maintain a valid driverís license. Ability to work independently and with a team of colleagues. Safeguards the confidentiality of student information and departmental administration by exercising discretion in communicating information to faculty, staff, parents, alumni and current and prospective students, and in handling departmental records and files and similar confidential materials. Must demonstrate the highest professional demeanor and ethics while representing the University. Proven ability to communicate and listen effectively.
Physical Demands: Long periods of working at a desk or while driving. Ability to lift 20 pounds. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Work Environment: The primary territory The primary office for this position is located in the Tempe site at 215 E. 7th Street, Tempe. This is a full-time, 12-month position with benefits. Evening and weekend work is required to meet the needs of prospective students and their families. Daily attendance at work is required unless the supervisor authorizes a leave.
In addition to the general and specific objectives mentioned above, the Admissions Representative is always a good-will ambassador of the University. This individualís effort is aimed at increasing the appeal of the University to those with whom he/she has contact. A commitment to customer service is an absolute necessity. Individual must maintain positive disposition in midst of stressful and/or demanding situations.
This position description is a general description of the essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of the University of Mary are expected to perform tasks as assigned by management, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their letter of application, resume and 3 professional references to: Pam Treib Human Resource Generalist, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504; email@example.com