Posted: December 11, 2014
Athletic Training Dept- GA Athletic Training Faculty Assistant
GA athletic training position - University of Mary
The University of Mary Department of Athletic Training and Kinesiology invites applications for a GA athletic training opportunity. The successful candidate needs to be a Certified Athletic Trainer through the BOC and licensed in the state of ND and in good standing. The applicant should excel in teaching at the undergraduate level and possess the ability to complete athletic training activities at the University of Mary while maintaining an active research agenda. The candidate will assist educational faculty with practical testing and competency testing for all students in the athletic training program. Preference will be given to the candidate who completed the requirements. The GA is expected to demonstrate a willingness to support and advance the mission of Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission and identity of the University of Mary (see www.umary.edu/about/mission/missionidentity.php).
Other responsibilities and objectives required with this GA position will include:
* Utilize appropriate, sound and up-to-date clinical techniques and best practices to effectively assess undergraduate students.
* Maintain a code of conduct in keeping with the Benedictine values, the institutional goals of the University of Mary, the Standards of Professional Practice and the guidelines established by the NATA Code of Ethics.
* Will be a positive and identifiable ambassador of University of Mary during contracted work times and throughout the school year.
* Assist with clinical education, instruction, and supervision of athletic training students.
* Assist with athletic training practicalís, competencies, and/or research projects as assigned.
The University of Mary overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association. AA/EOE. The Athletic Training Program is CAATE accredited in good standing.
There is one position opening spring 2015 and one position opening fall 2015.
To apply please send 2 reference letters, a cover letter, official transcripts to:
Rachel Johnson Krug
University of Mary
7500 University Dr.
Bismarck, ND 58504