The Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions is responsible for overseeing the recruitment for all students entering undergraduate programs delivered off of the main campus in Bismarck, regardless of modality. The Assistant Director will oversee the enrollment process from lead generation to enrollment for this population of undergraduate students.
Position Relationship: The Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions reports to the Director of Undergraduate Admissions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Must demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Responsible for overseeing the entire admissions process, from lead generation to enrollment of non-traditional students in the undergraduate programs, both online and at off-campus locations
• Works with Director of Undergraduate Admissions in development and implementation of the strategic plan and strategic initiatives for the enrollment of non-traditional undergraduate students
• Works within and maintains a budget, appropriately assigning financial and human resources to ensure that the recruiting goals of the university are met
• Supervise and manage a team of recruiters and administrative staff.
• Works in a collaborative manner with leadership in the academic schools, financial aid, student account services, housing, retention services, and registrarís office to meet institutional enrollment goals and ensure seamless service for all students
• Assist in implementation of Enrollment Services organizational processes and procedures for ultimate efficiencies
• In collaboration with the Director of University Marketing and the marketing team, develop a strategic marketing plan to meet student inquiry goals
• Coordinate with the Director of Undergraduate Admissions and the Director of Graduate Admissions to ensure alignment of processes and practices between departments
• Coordinate with the Office of Financial Aid to optimize financial aid for student recruitment.
• Hold regular meetings to monitor performance of recruiting staff to ensure quantitative and qualitative objects are met
• Plan promotional and scholarship events to raise the visibility of the school among its various publics
• Host and coordinate events to facilitate student enrollment
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience:
• Individual must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills; must be able to work and lead in a team based environment. Must effectively interact with prospective and current students, staff, organizations, business and all partners and contacts of the University of Mary.
• Bachelorís degree in applicable field required, Masterís preferred in Marketing, Business, Communication, or Education
• A minimum of three years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
• A strong public service orientation to work well with faculty, staff and students
• Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments
• Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment
• Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive and lead in an atmosphere of constant change
• Proficiency and demonstrated success working in recruitment or sales required. Experience preferred in recruiting non-traditional student markets.
• Ability to lift 10-20 lbs.
• Ability to travel to events.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to operate of a motor vehicle required
Position will be located either in the Benedictine Center on the Main Campus in Bismarck or at the Universityís Butler Center in Fargo. Should the office be located off of the Main Campus, then the individual must demonstrate a willingness to travel to Main Campus regularly for meetings.
This is a full time position (40 hours per week). The normal working hours are 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday with flexible hours for travel and events outside of the normal working day. Weekend and evening work may occur depending on recruitment activities. Daily attendance at work is required unless the supervisor authorizes a leave.
This position description is a general description of the essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of the University of Mary are expected to perform tasks as assigned by management.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their letter of application, resume and 3 professional references to: Sheyna Stroh, Assistant Vice President for Human Resources, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504; firstname.lastname@example.org.