Summary of Position: Assists and advises graduate students throughout the educational experience. Recruits potential students into programs sponsored and/or presented by University of Mary - Worldwide.
Position Relationship: Director of Retention
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
• Fields inquiries and provides requested information and materials in the expected timeframe.
• Meets with prospective students to provide information and explain academic requirements, course delivery methods, costs, program expectations, and student support services.
• Provides an advising plan for studentís program of study and discusses academic plans.
• Processes applications and maintain recruitment files.
• Ensures input of student information into Jenzabar and demonstrates proficiency in established data standards.
• Plans and conducts program orientations.
• Provides general advising/degree completion plans throughout the studentís lifecycle in accordance with set expectations. Plans may include educational courses, certifications, seminars or training programs offered online, on-site or in a blended format.
• Organizes the registration process for new students.
• Initiates and make personal contacts, prepares appropriate materials, attends marketing events as scheduled or directed.
• Initiates and meets with students scheduled to graduate. Completes graduation review of degree plan and transcript. Advises students of any deficiencies and facilitate a completion strategy. Completes the program review and graduation audit form for each student.
• Prepares regular recruitment reports. Participates in enrollment forecasting and completes regular analysis of enrollment data.
• Meets recruiting goals provided by the Director of Recruitment
• Monitors retention of current students provide by the Director of Retention
• Provides advising assistance in accordance with university policies and procedures.
• Initiates advising meetings with all new students to discuss academic expectations and provides appropriate retention support.
• Monitors and updates degree completion plans for students. Ensures each revision is signed and provided to student.
• Utilizes Jenzabar in advising functions, including documentation of student contact and degree completion monitoring (AIMS).
• Participates in education and career fairs.
• Facilitates communications between students, academic units and student support.
• Meets with students to review and approve all course additions or course withdrawals.
• Work with financial aid to ensure individual attention.
• In conjunction with the appropriate personnel, approve special circumstance withdrawals from class and complete the appropriate form; track forms and advise students appropriately. See Academic Catalog on Deployment Policy
• Processes graduation applications, program review and graduation audit reports.
• Provides feedback on advising practices and policies to leadership.
CLEP and Dantes Testing - Prior Learning
• Assists students in planning tests that will best fit into their degree program.
• Facilitates CLEP testing process for students.
• Assists students in choosing classes (from prior learning experiences) to fulfill requirements.
Skills essential for this position are:
• Knowledgeable in regard to academic offerings, program delivery methods, and admissions standards.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of university and division policy and procedure, including transfer credits, course additions and withdrawals.
• Strong communication skills to support the highest level of professionalism with students, faculty, university departments and institutional constituents.
• Effective in handling issues in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving situations as they occur.
• Ability to maintain confidential information per federal and state laws.
• Proven presentation skills with small and large groups.
• Time and work management skills are crucial. Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and complete multiple projects and within recommended timelines.
• Participate in employee development.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience:
• Masterís degree preferred in business, education or applicable field and experience working with adult students in higher education or related field.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite applications.
• Knowledge with GoArmyEd
• Experience recruiting and advising military population
Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations, and temperature changes. Frequent computer use at desk and working with contacts. Specific vision requirements include close vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus. Responsibilities may require an adjusted work schedule and additional hours in order to meet deadlines and work with wide range of contacts.
This position is located on Ft. Riley Military Base this is a 3/4 time position Weekend and evening work may occur depending on recruitment activities. Daily attendance at work is required unless the supervisor authorizes a leave.
This position description is a general description of the essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of the University of Mary are expected to perform tasks as assigned by management, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Qualified candidates are to submit their letter of application, resume and references to: Sheyna Stroh, Director of Human Resources, University of Mary, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.