Summary of Position: This position is directly responsible to the Vice President for Public Affairs and is primarily responsible for providing administrative and other support for functions related to the Public Affairs office.
Position Relationship: The Vice President for Public Affairs or his/her representative supervises this position on a daily basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic and Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Work and support the Director of Community Relations to organize events which may include processing maintenance requests, securing workers for events, picking up events supplies, ordering flowers and other items for events, submitting floor plans for events and other assigned tasks related to each event.
• Create and maintain invitation lists
• Fill out check requests, purchase orders, and expense slips
• Provide administrative support to Public Affairs Staff
• Assist in the preparation of fund raising proposals
• Accurately record event RSVPís
• Responsible for organizing & overseeing the Priest & Deaconís Event and the Homecoming Dance
• Assist the Alumni Director with the Hall of Fame/ Alumni Recognition, Presidentís Breakfast and the processing of awarding scholarships
• Assist with other organized Public Affairs Events
• Assist with the preparation of annuities and trusts, month end reports, and pledge reminders
• Prepare donor proposals and follow-up "call report" forms
• Accurately process credit card transactions
• Advanced use and understanding of Microsoft Word software, copier, fax and other office equipment
• Assist with department mailings
• Data entry to accurately update information in Jenzabar
• Create and maintain spreadsheets
• Create and maintain mailing lists
• Perform other duties as requested and assigned
Skill essential for this position are:
• Ability to work as a team member as well as independently
• Possess excellent customer service skills
• Possess excellent phone skills
• Proficient in technology, electronic data processing and database management
• Possess the ability to work with a diverse group of people
• Ability to effectively meet and communicate with public
• Highly detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy
• Demonstrate ability to type
Possess good health - ability to sit at desk/computer for long periods of time; ability to reach, stoop, bend, push and pull; must be able to lift approximately 40 lbs.
The office is located in the Benedictine Center. The normal working hours are 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Monday thru Friday. Occasionally, some weekend and evening work may occur. Daily attendance is required unless the supervisor authorizes a leave.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience:
Must have a high school education with the ability to read, write and follow directions. Preference will be given to applicants with a related Associateís Degree. Possess at least two years of related administrative experience and with solid working experience in Microsoft Office.
This position description is a general description of the essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of the University of Mary are expected to perform tasks as assigned by management.
This position is full time with benefits.
Qualified candidates are requested to submit their cover letter, application and resume to: Sheyna Stroh, Director of Human Resources, University of Mary, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504; or email to: email@example.com.