POSITION TITLE: Treasurer
DIVISION: Office of Financial Affairs
Summary of Position: Lead treasury function and interact with accounting and other financial affairs professionals to achieve the mission of the University of Mary. Candidate must be analytical and possess strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
Position Relationship: The Vice President for Financial Affairs supervises this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Demonstrate a willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
* Represent the Office of Financial Affairs (FA) with integrity and a high level of professionalism.
* Maintain absolute confidentiality and discretion in all matters related to the Office of Financial Affairs and associated areas of responsibility.
* Create, update and maintain University endowment records, including preparation, or advising on the preparation of, appropriate documents which address both donor intent and University policy. Monitor endowment funds on an ongoing basis in order to ensure compliance with governing documents and current University policy.
* Support long term capital markets activities, including public debt financings. Prior experience with bank and debt capital markets and documentation a plus.
* Manage daily cash, banking, investments, and related reporting. Ensure adequate liquidity for working capital needs and invest short term excess cash.
* Review and make recommendations for cash management products/services which minimize costs and manage risks. Manage all aspects of credit card and/or purchasing card programs including card administration, security, transaction processing and management reporting.
* Monitor, analyze and make recommendations regarding institutional lease agreements and insurance programs.
* Ensure compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures. Develop and monitor treasury operational policies.
* Other duties as assigned.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience:
Requires a bachelorís degree in finance, business administration, accounting or appropriate discipline from an accredited institution and 7+ years of overall experience in treasury services.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
* Strong analytical and financial skills are required.
* Maintain sensitive and confidential information. Use a high degree of tact, discretion and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive situations and individuals.
* Must be able to evaluate alternatives and make appropriate recommendations.
* Highly organized, able to set priorities, and exercise sound judgment within areas of responsibility.
* Understand, interpret, explain and apply rules and policies applicable to areas of responsibility.
* Able to communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing. Able to prepare clear, accurate and concise correspondence, records, reports and other documents.
* Experienced user of Microsoft Office Suite applications, especially Excel.
Ability to sit at a desk/computer for longer periods of time; ability to reach, stoop bend, push and pull; must be able to lift approximately 20 lbs.
This is a full time, 12 month, salaried position. The office is located in the Benedictine Center. The normal working hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Occasionally, additional overtime may occur. Daily attendance at work is required unless the supervisor has an approved absence.
This position description is a general description of the essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all of the duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of the University of Mary are expected to perform tasks as assigned by management
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their letter of application, resume and 3 professional references to: Pam Treib Human Resource Generalist, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504; [email protected]