Administrative Assistant-II-Liffrig Family School of Education and Behavioral Sciences
Summary of Position: Provides administrative support to the Dean of the Liffrig Family School of Education and Behavioral Sciences, Chair, Department of Education, Chair, Department of Behavioral Sciences, Chair, Graduate and Distance Education, and all program directors within the school.
Position Relationship: The Dean of the school supervises the employee on a daily basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Demonstrates a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic and Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
* Provides administrative support to the Dean of the Liffrig Family School of Education and Behavioral Sciences, Chair, Department of Education, Chair, Department of Behavioral Sciences, Chair, Graduate and Distance Education, and all program directors within the school, as needed.
* Provides administrative assistance to all the faculty within the school, such as organizing functions, disseminate information to staff and students, updating electronic versions of syllabi and curriculum, arranges travel and conference registrations.
* Maintains minutes for all school and department meetings.
* Maintains student records, program assessment and operational efficiency.
* Monitors school, department, and program budgets and organizes ordering of supplies and equipment.
* Serves as receptionist for school to students and guests.
* Facilitates communication within internal and external constituents at the student, department or program, school, university, professional public and general public levels.
* Provides coverage of faculty offices via telephone, email, and physical presence.
* Provides administrative support to for admission, accreditation, clinical education, curriculum, and program assessment.
* Processes all form procedures including reimbursement of expenses, institutional travel, and maintenance requests for all departments and programs.
* Maintains and distributes updated versions of policy and procedure manuals, including admissions, clinical, and student handbooks.
* Provides direction to work-study students.
* Other duties as assigned.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience: Bachelorís degree and a minimum of two years of related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications.
* Excellent telephone etiquette.
* Positive interpersonal skills.
* Effective verbal and written communication.
* Working knowledge of general office equipment, such as fax machine, scanner, photocopier, and Scantron.
Physical Demands: Possess good health-ability to operate a personal computer for long periods of time; ability to reach, stoop, bend, push and pull; must be able to lift approximately 20lbs.
Work Environment: The office is located in Boniface Hall in the Benedictine Center on the campus of the University of Mary. The normal working hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Flexible hours must be mutually determined by the employee and Dean. Daily attendance at work is required unless the supervisor authorizes a leave. This is a 12 month, full-time position.
This position description is a general description of the essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of the University of Mary are expected to perform tasks as assigned by management, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Qualified candidates are requested to send the application, resume and references to Sheyna Stroh, Director of Human Resources, University of Mary, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504; or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.